1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 for NDSi XL v. 1.4.4E

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by senter, Jan 22, 2018.

1. senter

senter Member

Hi everyone,
    i am new of this world, so i am here to ask for help.
    My cousin gave me an old Nintendo DSi XL v. 1.4.4E, and i want to buy an R4 to play all my old games.
    Can someon tell me which R4 i have to buy for this console?
    I am a newbie:(

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Prefereably the R4i Gold, but then again since NDS/DSi been left for years by now. Just get whatever flash cartridge you can find on the market/shop which supports DSi v.1.45E or v.1.45U. Ask the seller to preinstall the kernel for you (you'd need to provide him/her an SD Micro or buy 1 from them so they can install it for you there) to make it easier on you. Then you'd want to add latest TTMENU/YSMENU third party kernel/firmware to your SD Micro (you can find it in the Firmware Section of this Forum) to make it support all NDS/DSi game rom. Relying on just the cart's original kernel/firmware will not let you play more than half of the NDS/DSi game collection.

3. senter

senter Member

Thanks for the answer!
    So, even if i have the 1.4.4E fw, i have to buy a cartridge for 1.45E?
    Can you give me a reliable site where to buy an R4? I live in Italy for the moment, and I can not find Italian resellers.
    Thank you very much!!

4. Prectorian

Yes.

Sorry, I can't recommend any online flash cartridge seller site. You'll have to research through Google for a reliable one. Make sure to cross-check with the flash cartridge's official website to see if it's still hosting the kernel/firmware to install to the SD Micro. Many flash cartridge site been inactive or closed.

5. senter

senter Member

Thank you very much! I'll search for a reliable one :)
    Can you give me an indication on the price? How much should it cost more or less?

6. Prectorian

Probably +/-USD20 just for the flash cart (excluding shipment++).

7. senter

senter Member

Thanks a lot!

8. senter

senter Member

Hi!
    I found this flash cart in my house!
    Is it ok for my DSi XL?
    Have i to download the fw??

[​IMG]

9. Prectorian

That's the Original R4 Revolution for DS that can only use 1GB and 2GB SD Micro (non-SDHC). Only works on NDS Fhat (first gen NDS) and NDSL (second gen NDS).

10. senter

senter Member

OK, so i have to buy it as well :confused: