1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 exporters sued by nintendo-capcom

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by mds64, Oct 17, 2009.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6233225.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;5

Doesn't worry me-I HATE R4'S!

But still...another blow..

They are acting to protect themselves, anyone would really.

Any thoughts?

2. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

They'll mess up my white ass at jail.

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

R4 and other companies have been sued before, I don't see how Nintendo can do anything about it, especially if the R4 has a website disclaimer.

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I nether understud why Nintendo can not meat it half way, Bring out their own supercard and they own usb connection for the card also with a regkey of some sort, and buy games legally online for a small fee mabe $10 or so, so when you download that game is registered to that supercard and connot be used on over supercards!

Although have choice of both games in shop or download, They will make money!

They nether work with it are around it!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

-they have the dsi shop.

-all downloads, even the wii, are small, so kingdom hearts for example wouldn't be a good idea-they intend for quick downloads for unstable connections

-People would hack the card and place downloaded roms anyway

-Nintendo are known to attack anything to do with piracy-they attempted to do something about emulation years ago, but failed, hence why emulators are not illegal-but the roms are unless you dump it for yourself.

6. Jhon 591

So mission impossable then!, At the end of the day.. if you like one without any problems just buy it wilth a good box and instructions to enjoy!

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I just collect games-I prefer a hard copy than digital...

That is why I have an external drive-and most games burnt to cd/dvd XD

8. Jhon 591

I should get myself a 1.5tb or 2tb external hd wow, I like my movies and games lol!

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1TB is what I'm using-all my personally ripped psp games and other ripped games are stored there.

But wish it didn't need external power sorce...

ON topic-sucks to be a regular shopper there XD

10. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

I don't understand why they're going after R4. Wasn't it taken out of production?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

It was.

Prehaps because they were selling an un-aurthorised product that was deemed bad for nintendo.

Maybe because of the sheer fact that any noob to emulation would buy an r4 since there is soo many about.

12. Jhon 591

Good point, One track minded on R4 i suppose!

13. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

If R4 was disbanded, how is Nintendo still suing?

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

They are targetting the people trying to flog those remaining r4 exporters-not the r4 group-THAT would be an easier option.

Stop them altogether.

Nope-they target the exporters-and btw-these guys must still be selling the fakes and clones so that is my assumption.

15. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

tell the truth now im kinda pissed.
    I CAN'T GO ON WWW.NDSTT.COM ANYMORE!!!

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

1.Un related
    2.This is about exporters-I'm sure it's site maintanence-it'll come back later-give it a day and wait and see...
    3.This is spamming :(

17. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

sorry...
    very sorry
    u can delete

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Can't-only a mod could...and that takes ages...

1.Think before you post
    2.If you made a mistake then don't reply to acknoledge it-that is also spam :(
    3.Don't worry...just learn for next time...
    4.Don't reply unless it's related.

Now...

I should have read the articule-more than nintendo and capcom sueing here...

I guess they want to protect thier products-however if they learn to lower prices and make the current game systems more adaptible ie homebrew programs-prehaps they can stamp this out...

That and target the people MAKING the dam things-not the exporters!

19. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

Nobody is gonna actually allow 3rd party software onto a 1st party hardware.

They don't like the words free.

Sorta like a cross to a vampire.

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

THQ, EA and them are infact 3rd party.

Second party is companies purchased by the first party-in this case nintendo.

Nintendo usually charge a licencing fee.

I reckon-if someone wants to put a homebrew as a digital download-mayeb just $5 just to allow it to be readily availbe for download.

The current homebrew is...boring.

Some of the stuff on ds and wii are much better-if far from complete.

They need to make it easier for homebrew to get on the scene-instead of donations for pay-make nintendo sell it for ya?