1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 cards & clones

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yoshi2889, Mar 26, 2010.

1. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

Hmmm but in court you would have to admit to piracy... :-\

2. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Unless you own an actual copy of the game.

3. OXOBloxo

Yes of course i do (Cough!)

4. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

rofl.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Haha, loophole found. Just buy a copy of the game if that happens, and you technically wouldn't have pirated it as far as they know.

That would probably actually end horribly.

6. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Actually no it wouldn't, you own the software therefore you can use back-ups of it

7. OXOBloxo

i do wonder if Nintendo has found a way to ruin our fun, and we are all just walking into a trap, all this just seems too easy

8. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

About that... I still had to send Nintendo a mail...

9. rirnef

rirnef New Member

Technically, even if you own a copy of the game its still piracy because you never made that backup...
    Unless you yourself made a backup of YOUR game, then it's still piracy, and yes, they can tell where the 'backup' came from.

10. OXOBloxo

There is a case of someone having a MP3 dowload, and a hard copy CD of a said song. But was still fined because he didnt make a copy of the CD himself, the Hash values of both songs were different.

Like Rirnef said: So to really cover yourself you would need to dump all your own games.

Also If A Nintendo game planted something on your SD card so that it bricked your DS 6 months later, would you need to buy all games ever played to cover yourself in court? just to get back $150 for a DS

(im in a "what if" mood today)

11. Toshi_TNE

Toshi_TNE Member

You should add the R4 Neo and the R4 Pro. They're both acekard clones branded as R4. They can use AKAIO up to 1.4 (well, 1.5.1 if hacked, 1.6 RC2 loader if you know japanese and where to look).

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

****** stupid acekard clones, they need to **** off LEAVE 1.6 alone whores

13. zFlea

zFlea Active Member

@YoshiFlip I meant Inunah's argument

14. yoshi2889

And I meant that I still had to send Nintendo a mail.

15. davetarmac

davetarmac New Member

So my R4i Ultra is a clone of the original R4 card - despite their web page says "upgrade version of R4" :)

Is it posible to use firmware for the R4i-SDHC on the R4i Ultra? Sorry if it's a stupid question, just curious. If there is a guide that does answer things like this for me then if you can point me in the right direction I will happily read my way through it.

16. sabregod

sabregod Member

Add Galaxy Eagle there

17. Shinigamiz

Shinigamiz Active Member

I have just heard about something called R4i Neo Evolution, probably a clone too.

You can't really stop them from making clones, but maybe the ACTA agreement will stop ALL flashcarts?
    Teehee ^^;

18. yoshi2889

Updated.

19. jepherz

jepherz New Member

I have an r4 card that just says R4, not pro or anything. Is it safe to assume that it's not a clone? or are there r4 clones that are stickered "r4" only without any added words/numbers?

20. Deviluchiha

Deviluchiha Active Member

wait wait a second, fake, clone i really dont know but whats the max memory limit for the R4 and R4i happy cloned family is it 2 gb or like the box says, up to 32 gb

and also if it is a 2 gb limit i wonder if thats the problem for some R4 and R4i save file corruption problems