1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 cards & clones

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yoshi2889, Mar 26, 2010.

1. OXOBloxo

OXOBloxo Well-Known Member

R4 isnt produced anymore, these newer companys make them from scratch now just with R4 in the name
    Post Merge: [time]1269677391[/time]
    No, they dont have a fake card, they have a card which is similar to what the original R4 done and is and legit named something different.

There is such a thing as a fake original cards, but thats something else, counterfeit cards.

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Every card that uses R4 as part of the name uses the original R4 as a base for their card. That is the reason that nearly every card that says R4 has identical AP issues. It isn't just a coincidence.

Also, 2gb is plenty of space. When I run out of room, I just backup my save, and delete a rom I have no intention of playing again anytime soon. Keeping 50 plus roms on a card is pointless, and is a huge waste of memory. There isn't a single scenario where having that much could be necessary.

3. OXOBloxo

Yes so they are similar but not exactly the same, and they are in no way a fake card.

4. LuckyTrouble77

In essence, they are technically fake as they use the R4 for base hardware and software, along with tacking on R4 as part of their name without actually being an R4. In the end though, you still basically have a modified original.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

That's what I say, but the person doesn't wanna believe me.

6. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

But he's a douche............he just needs to get over the fact that R4s suck

7. OXOBloxo

i just feel sorry for people buying one of these then coming on these forums and being told your card is fake, its not really the right word to be used in my opinion as that means you have been scammed, duped bought something that wont work. (you could argue that they have been i supose :eek:)

i got to use a r4 clone the other day, i must admit i was quite impressed it had quite a few newer games working like sega & sonic, but not enough to give up my acekard.
    Post Merge: [time]1269679741[/time]
    love you to ...

8. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

I thought we were on about the girl from page one. =.='

9. OXOBloxo

anyhow i think we should all thank the original R4 team for disbanding because if they was still here they would have such a monoploy on flashcarts, their prices would be whatever they wanted.

At least with all these other R4 companys prices are forced down because of all the competition.

10. LuckyTrouble77

Yes, thank you R4 team for rendering my only cart almost completely worthless with the side effect of causing pretty much all outside support to cease.

Much appreciated .:/

11. OXOBloxo

Not saying i dont believe you Yoshi... im only pointing out the use of words fake,clone,counterfiet etc ... dont worry about it little dude...

But it had a damn good reign of power, maybe the 1.5 firmware update will end some of the newer flashcarts success prematurely

12. yoshi2889

..... DON'T CALL ME LITTLE! lol

How must I call it else? I do not know any other words for the clones...

13. OXOBloxo

How can i call Yoshi big?

14. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

He's as big as he feels :L

15. yoshi2889

... Whatever. I'm tall, but OK.

[me=YoshiFlip]thinks of a name for the R4 clones[/me]

16. LuckyTrouble77

Maybe, though I'm sure most won't update their DSi's firmware until they absolutely have to.

17. OXOBloxo

Sorry Yoshi ... I was referin to you avatar but nevermind.... :-X

If i bought a fake perfume.... (i would be annoyed as it would look like the real thing but smell horrible)

If i bought a cloned perfume (it would smell the same as the original would not be able to tell the difference)

fake = counterfeit

cloned = same

Post Merge: [time]1269681437[/time]
    Yeah i guess so, i just cant believe Nintendo have sat doing nothing on this for nearly a year, they must have something big planned.

18. LuckyTrouble77

They are fake R4 cards though. They use the R4 name and design while changing it. It fits your example of a fake perfectly.

19. OXOBloxo

::) I give in .... ok all R4's are fake... happy now...

Q.Would it be possible for nintendo to insert some malicious code into a rom which could detect if you are using a flashcart and brick your DS?

We could all be sitting on a time bomb, all DS's self destruct when Ninty says so. :-\

20. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

Well they can't do that. I think it would be technically be criminal damage.