1. This forum is in read-only mode.

R4 Cards Banned in the UK.

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Kiekoes, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

It is many times said and also on the site of my favorite magazine [N]Gamer, it is too late! Plus, you can still order them on the internet! So, nothing very bad happend....

The only bad thing is that the market is corrupt now and some teams have issues like the Ez Flash team.

But look on the sunny side! France and Spain still have them, and I would not be confused if you guys name more countries.

2. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

hey guys..
    i just went on some uk flashcard websites and then i saw that some flashcards are still being sold (including the iedge + r4i SDHC + acekard 2i + acekard 2.1 + dstt + edge).
    so these ones are currently not illegal so you can still go and buy these off www.all4consoles.co.uk.
    which means you can still get games for free (to test of corse) so get them while you can.
    which is good that there is still cards that you can get in the uk :)

3. The scorpion

The scorpion Active Member

I've already got my cyclo, so i'm o.k.

4. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

it's true i'm also from holland and every friend who has a flascart has a r4(i) i'm happy with my acekard.

5. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

And I am gonna be happy with my SuperCard DSTWO when I get it.

NO R4 FOR ME ANYMORE

THOSE PIECES OF SHIT CANNOT DO ANYTHING BUT CAUSE TROUBLE

EDIT: So every friend has a R4 card eh...then you are no friend of yourself.

6. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

They said R4. They said nothing about Acekards and SCDS2s.

7. Nick Man

Nick Man Well-Known Member

All are banned.

8. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Damn.

What if you make your own? LOL! Like, fuck with an existing flash cart until it becomes a monster of your own creation? Hehehe, THEN it's legal.

"Officer, this isn't covered by the law, because this is the SuperAcekard DS Revolution!"

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Actually anything flash cart would be banned, even if your own.

Unless you just keep it to yourself and never sell it...like my copies of all the movies.

Just because i downloaded and copied everything I once had doesn't mean it's illegal (unless I'm caught, especially if I'm trying to sell XD)

10. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

Some people buy the ds(phat, lite,i,i xl) because of the r4. Banning them and making it a bit harder to obtain or keep will probably make ds sales decrease.

Post Merge: [time]1281727501[/time]
    Found this on gamespot

11. philip garner

philip garner Member

The reason I didn't buy an xbox360 was the cost of the games ( and reliability ), same goes for the PS3 the PSP and the wii. The sale of DS's, DSi's,DSixl's and the like will be significantly less I'm sure, Nintendo will be shooting them selves in the foot. They should have embraced the idea and worked with them on the flash carts. In all the time I have been using flash carts like the R4 or DSTT I have seen how a lot of the games are quite crap, what I mean to say is a game that has a capacity of say 8mb ( not really thought about the game play here ) and a game with a capacity of say 256mb ( more work involved, better game play) could both be on the game shelf for the same price. So Who is ripping who off? It would have been so much easy-er to have a game download like the MP3 site Napster where you pay a small fee for how ever big or however much better the game was developed, It could have been uploaded to a card that had no removable micro SD card and everybody would be happy.
    Any way should you be struggling to get a card try here http://www.mobymemory.com/ .

12. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

lol my dad said this ages ago XD i got 1 for my birthday and nones gunna take it out eccept for its self because now i gotta blow into it and my ds like 43 times a day to get it to run its like gunna die :( just wishing it wont :S

13. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

People have used R4 in england will find a loophole and start downloading them on emulators on their computers.

14. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

What do you even mean. Most ds emulators are better than the shitty R4.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

this happened ages ago and really hasn't had much effect.

16. Singularity_UK

Singularity_UK Well-Known Member

Well I'm in the UK and very easily bought a flashcard a month ago. The digital-Gestapo haven't smashed my door down yet.

17. shrekwilliam

shrekwilliam Well-Known Member

err when i heard of it about months ago i still see em in normal shops like cash converters and money traders ect like computer shops and market i bought a ttds from money traders

18. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Lol did the england police hunt you down like a serial killer.

19. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I did not see EDGE there. WHY?!

20. :::...Rom...:::

:::...Rom...::: Well-Known Member

I didn't even know this was illegal yet I got 2 R4's in the last year without anything happening.