1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Question!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trimbletown, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I used to play games pretty hardcore, especially when I was into a certain MMO. I was also pretty present when I played CoD.

I think hardcore just levels down to how much you play and your level of skill because of how much you play.

But no. It doesn't really detract. Gamers unite is global. It just means every gamer, no matter if like like RTS, FPS, RPG or any other genre/sub-genre we can collectively enjoy escaping our own reality and love the games created for our enjoyment.

2. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

What MMO you play.

I was addicted to fallen sword and prison struggle :)

3. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

I used to play WoW. I started on its first BETA. I'm glad I stopped playing now, though.

4. jbsucks

jbsucks Guest

Maybe little off-topic, but anyway.
    I think the definition of ´hardcore´ doesn't apply when one is spending time with just one game.
    I've overheard many conversations and most go like:

-"Hey im a harcore gamer"
    -"Yeah? What games do you play?"
    -"CS and halo3"

Sure, you can probably call yourself hardcore game playing only a limited number of games, but overall I don't think you can
    proclaim yourself as a hardcore. Instead you are hardcore'ing those games, but not games in general.

As for my point of view; one being ´hardcore´ is a person who necessarily doesn't breathe videogames every day.
    It is more of a person who digs deep, beyond the games he/she is playing. (Yes, "she" actually exists... somewhere)
    Like a walking encyclopedia of video games. One that has great knowledge both about the retro and the modern.

That does something more than 'just' playing the games. Maybe creating some add-on content. (maps, weapons etc)
    ...and hopefully is just as good playing them as knowing them :p

Koreans playing Starcraft do not apply. Koreans have a genetic trait of +5 videogames skill.

5. p4tman

p4tman Guest

Well I like both Anime and RPGs.
    But some anime and RPGs I can't stand at all and sometimes get on my nerves.

6. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

I never got into WOW as much as everyone else(mainly because i was poor lol )

Do you play much browser based MMO's.....