1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Q: What's the stupidest thing you could do with the Kinect Beta?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by sylar1000, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

A: Sell it on ebay:

http://kotaku.com/5626953/welp-someone-done-tried-to-sell-their-kinect-beta-already

Microsoft had to figure this was going to happen: Someone put their Kinect beta hardware and their console for sale on eBay, hoping to get $1,200 for it. It was rather quickly de-listed, however.

I haven't seen the entire EULA for this hardware beta but something tells me Microsoft probably forbids selling the unit and might, like, want it back. Seller blueroomproject (100 percent feedback rating!) took it down yesterday afternoon with zero bids. Or maybe Microsoft dropped a dime to eBay and told them to six it.

Again, he was selling the console, which one would assume would be necessary to use this unit during the beta. It's also probably got a whole crapload of identifying information that it sends back to Microsoft's servers, which they could sleuth out to find which one of their ungrateful beta participants sold the thing off. Probably best this thing was pulled back, no harm, no foul. Still, what was that guy thinking?

No clue why he thought this would be a good idea.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

He signed a NDA when he registered to the beta, if not selling the unit is in there, then I'm pretty damn sure he can get fined.

3. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

ill tell you what the stupidest thing you can do is play it in front of people have you seen street fighter and when playing that you could do the crotch move

4. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Best image ever.

And lol at the guys selling his beta stuff. Was so obvious.... so gamers aren't worth a penny.

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

The post above me lowered my IQ by about 50.

Seriously, most of the people who love the Xbox hate Kinect, if you've done research, you would've found that out.