1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX rom error happened recently

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by stevenarcc, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevenarcc

stevenarcc Member

i download many games from romulation..
    and i found error when i play:

1. front mission 3, and ff8 in disc three, after the movie at lunar base..

why that happen?

could anyone give me some solution

maybe, what emulator should i download?
    thx

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Don't use internet shorthand, it's against the rules.

Also, what emulator are you using at the moment? What parts of the games have errors? Explain your problem so we can help you. epsxe is the best PSX emulator.

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

What error? What does it say? we cant help you unless you state the specifics.

4. stevenarcc

stevenarcc Member

i use pSX v1.13 to play the game

1. ff8, it's omly hang after the movies in the lunar gate, i press the button, and it not move at all..

2. front mission 3, in taiwan, rural village
    when it's loading
    at the psxfin.exe is written: "r3000: executed illegal opcode 0001174"

that also happened in legend of legaia.. T-T

-------------------
    i already download epsxe

but when i run ISO,, it said "no WGL extention"
    when i run CD-ROM it said "error loading WNASPI21.DLL"

is anyone know the solution? thanks a lot..

5. N3M351S

N3M351S Well-Known Member

you got the wrong Bios.

6. stevenarcc

stevenarcc Member

i already changes the bios from scph1001 to scph7502,,
    but it still error,,,

what should i do?? ???

7. anandjones

Try using epsxe 1.6 or something. Those bios should be good. They're the best working. And try using different plugins. If you're trying to run it off a proper cd, change your cd plugin.

8. neverwhere

neverwhere New Member

Hey, I also encountered the same problem with Front Mission 3, just before the Rural Village in Taiwan (or was that Taipei?). The game crashes even on ePSXe 1.6.0. I tried using other plug-ins, but to no avail. Could someone help me? Any help would be appreciated.

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

definitely, definitely, definitely use ePSXe 1.5.2 for FF8.
    change up the config on the graphics plugin.

1.5.2 is for all of the FF games and possibly all square games.

10. neverwhere

neverwhere New Member

I tried using ePSXe 1.5.2 but to no avail. The game (Front Mission 3) still crashes before the Rural Stage starts. It says something like "OpCode error" followed by a bunch of zeros and non-zeros...

11. insanecrazy07

yes. well try ff8 on epsxe 1.5.2 like i said.

try epsxe 1.6 or 1.7 for non final fantasy games.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Well according to the guy whose member name is "marcy" on the Project64 problems thread. An OpCode error is a game specific "issue" or problem in a game that the author/s of an emulator have not seen or encountered, meaning, they have failed to apply a suitable remedy.

So as a means for the emulator to let the problem be seen, it freezes or crashes & displays the "unknown OpCode" error message. In such a case, there maybe no suitable fixes to your problem :(

13. insanecrazy07

all i know is that ff8 should be completely 100% playable as I have played the entire game through.
    (and i have a computer that can barely play fable at the medium settings)

14. neverwhere

neverwhere New Member

Final fantasy 8 works on ePSXe 1.6. I already finished it on that version.

As for Front Mission 3, you're saying there's virtually no solution? Ouch. I was starting to enjoy the game. Oh well, thanks for the help...

15. insanecrazy07

i've never played front mission 3 so i wouldn't know how to fix it.

16. Bagram

Bagram New Member

Hey guys, i know this is thread is kinda old now, but if you want to play front mission 3, but can't seem to get to the Taiwan rural stage, here's one way to do it.
    There's an emulator called pSX v1.13. Its not the best emulator, but it lets you get around the OP code error just before the Taiwan village.
    Just fire up the stage using this emulator, finish it, then save it. You can then play it again on whichever ePSXe emulator you were using before.
    A word of warning though, the emulator is unstable and crashes really often, so you're going to have to utilize the save state function a lot to get around it.

Enjoy!

17. anandjones

You'll probably have to import it or convert it then for ePSXe.

18. Nerv

Nerv Member

How would you switch emulators though? Arent the memcard files in different format? I was told to convert the memcard files if i wanted to switch between psx and epsxe.....so how would i go about that or do i not really need to convert them?

and so far, i have no problem with FF8 on epsxe 1.7 but i havent gotten to the lunar scenes yet(i know that there are temporary fixes to get through the glitched scene)....

19. anandjones

memcards from ePSXe are recognizable in pSX and most likely vice-versa.

20. Terrormaster

Terrormaster Member

So we need to wait for ePSXe team will fix that proplem in future releases of emulatior, right????? :((((

But if someone wanna play that misson try this:

>>>>> download Russion ISO from russian sites (it will be Front Mission PAL bla-bla-bla SLUS 999???? or something)
    then just save before rulal village mission, load russion ISO, complete this easy stage, and then continue with normal ISO...
    I do wanna play with orginal ISO too, but I had this problem too.

Also you can find unrussianing program to make your russian ISO normal english NTSC.... Have fun...
    Anyway, I'm from Ukrain soooooo ask me if you want....... насолоджуйтесь цією грою (Front Mission)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.