1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PSX]Ridge Racer sound problem!

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Luca, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Luca

Luca Guest

Hi,I'm new on this site ;D
    I like it so much why I can found all the retro games I want ::)
    Hoverer,I downloaded Ridge Racer for the PSX,i burned it on a CD with IMGBurn and I put it on my modchipped PS2.
    The game runs well,but the track n°6 and the title music are corrupted!(I hear only a "scratch" sound :eek: )
    What can it be? ???

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It depends on what CDR you're using. Using crappy brands can make a game slow. Also, did you burn the image at the slowest speed possible?

3. Luca

Luca Guest

Well,I used a Verbatim CD-R and I burned at the max speed(i know that isn't good :() but now seems that isn't a CD problem.I tried to listen the CD tracks from the ISO(using Daemon Tools) with Windows Media player and seems that the tracks from 6 to 13 are screwed up :-\ .Maybe the ISO on the server is damnaged! ???

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

or maybe it didn't burn properly? a damaged ISO would likely be spotted before burning it.

5. Luca

Luca Guest

Ok,i will retry to burn another time the ISO on a disk and then I will say the results.

6. Luca

Luca Guest

Nothing!The music tracks (the same,not all) remain screwed up.I tried to unzip another time the files but nothing happens.If someone can check this CCD file...(I know I called it ISO in a frist time,but they are the same so I called it ISO)If is not an image problem problem,i will retry to download another time Ridge Racer(when I have a lot of points,not now)