1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX - PSP converter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lancaster, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

Does anyone here own a PSP? If so, do you play PS1 games on it? It is a new breath of life to be able to play old PS1 games as well as the many emulators for the system.

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

My younger brother owns a PSP, he never bothered getting anything for it though, but don't you emulate PSX games on the PSP? Not convert them?

3. Lancaster

You do emulate them yes, but you can't just use a regular iso that you download from here. You have to take the image file and convert it to the psp format. That adjusts the screen, button mapping, etc.

4. Seph

Ah, sounds advance. :)

Just out of curiosity, what is required to get PSP isos onto a PSP? I'll probably need a UMDisc anything else? How much did you pay to get started?

5. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

well I do own a PSP that was tweak by one of my buddies when I was a noobie with the psp...he showed me the process of hacking your psp downgrading newer version of the psp to older version etc such as the dark hombrew 3.03oc-e which I have right now......and allowing you to play PSP modified games ISO and CSO umd rips to it.....as far as I know I have played a few PSX games on my psp, but they were in bin files.....you have to turn your psx games into bin or cso....which ever 1 supports the most, I never really did succeed in that part, because all psx games are ripped into ISO format youll have to covert them into bin witha PSX Popstation converter that hombrew provides in hes website..dunno if we can put other peeps websites here so Im just gonna go do it, if I cant then you can remove it... www.dl.qj.net www.projectpsp.com i would use the first website dl.qj they have a whole veriety of twaking for your psp and explanation to playing your psx games on your psp, me I just play snes and Dgen games on my psp along with my PSP ripped games that I have.

6. Lancaster

I thought converting would be tough, but it isn't. Seph, have you ever thought of having PSX ready games for the PSP? That is if demand calls.

7. Prototype

well, it isnt hard, the thing that most peeps dont really do it or have em its because its a pain in the ass.............rippin them from your system to the station is easy converting isnt hard, its just a pain in the ass..........;D :p

but if you can emulate or create emulators and such things like that it will be a sinch for you peeps to do it ;) :p :p

Correction.... in order for the psx games to work...and be played on your psp, peeps psp has to be tweak to support this kinds of games such as any kind of dark or hombrews upgrade, if you just have the original upgrade that sony provides then its no good....some of hombrews updates arent all supported to playing psp ripped games and psx games.....youd have to get the right upgrade provided by hombrew and only hombrews makers.....or any that hombrew provides. Some upgrades allow you to play the psx games without an emulator but only if you turned them into a psp eboot.PBP whit the bin itself file records of it and putting it into your games folder....such as X:directory/psp/game/gamename/eboot.PBP or eboot.PBP and a bin information (wasnt a bin, the bin is what provides the PBP with information to run the PBP. PBP file is the next format of the PSX game that was originally the ISO format) anyways and ofcourse then their is the easier way.....just getting an emulator for the psp that supports psx file ready games, but so far I havent found 1 single emulator for psp that gives you a good performace to play psx games on your psp, other then the fact that PBP is the most securest way and better performance without requiring an emulator.

Thus bringing you the fact that if you dont already own a psp with any hombrew version...then mightest will not waste your time trying to run psx games on a version thats beeing provided by sony because ofcourse sony does bastards put codes that wil only allow you to play ready made UMD disc for the psp. and ofcourse getting the right version for your psp also matters because if you downgrade your psp to 1.50 all the way to 2.50 it will be no good because the newer games that are beeing made have the version of 2.80 or higher. so I suggest you dont upgrade your psp to 3.10 because then your screwed, 3.10 is a new tweak that Sony made for the peeps that own a psp that will mess up your psp and not allow you to downgrade or play any such illegal games in your psp. etc etc....just get a version that has both features version of 1.50 or any higher to the version your upgrading to....and thus the lesson ends bout psp info for tweaking :p :p :p ;D ;D ;D ;D

8. Seph

Well to get PSP ready games would mean a lot of extra space usage two have a copy of something we already have just slightly modified. I'd rather have a guide explaining how to do it.

9. Prototype

Actually not really, because they would be in a file alot smaller then the original format if you ask me

Take for example a game file thats lets say 300 to 400 megs in iso format, you convert that file into a eboot.PBP for the PSP will turn it into a file of 100 to 150 megs prob alot smaller if you ask me, because it removes the whole content of rebooting the game, the coding and the some other crap which I have no clue but wont affect the game 8) 8)

how ever if ya want a guide go to projectpsp.com and they have a guide on converting files to PBP or any other format.....well they have the versions to which you should have. dl.qj.net is the provider to the files etc etc I made a mistake on my last post which ill corret the the right websites right here http://dl.qj.net/ http://projectpsp.com/

the above only talks about psx games only, but if your talking bout having PSP ISO ripped to your psp directory and then converted to lets say the second version of ISO which well call ISO2. ISO1 Original ISO format ,ISO2 second version of ISO1 or converting it to CSO which is much more secure, plus it also converts the file to half the size of it, depending also.....most of my games that I ripped to my psp directory are always ISO1 of a size of 1 gig or higher so I convert them to CSO and it gives me megs allowing it for more space and faster reading speed in your memory rather then UMD Disc.

but thats only if once again if your gonna convert them for any version that provides atleast an ISO folder in the version thats not made from sony, you cant just create a folder with the name ISO and hope to say the game will run(Will never run on any Sony Version) that includes for any other games your ripping not just the psp games, but Im pretty sure all of these peeps already have a psp thats already tweaked to play these kinds of games so I suppose their is no worry.

Files for ripping psp games to iso filename: (UMD Dumpper) To convert files from the iriginal format UMDGen(UMD Ripper) UMD Dumpper would go into your psp directory under game and the UMDGen is installed in your computer the information is already there in the rar file you want to download explains everythng

to download the UMDgen here is the link http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/948 as for the UMD Dumper i cant seem to find it on their website anymore....so once i get the chance to upload my stuff to you peeps, ill upload the zip file to you guys to check out if thats alright

10. ChibiGamer

ChibiGamer Well-Known Member

We got my Daddy a PSP one year for Christmas and I don't think he said anything more than "Oh My Word" over and over again. (That's what he says when he's really happy and shocked) And then we lost him (To the PSP).... Oh Dear :( If you find my Daddy let me know what he does with his PSP :p Oh! He did let me play Sudoku on it when I was down there this Christmas and also listen to some songs... My Daddy listens to Black Eyed Peas.... I think I was about as dumbfounded as Bob on the Price is right thingie lol ^_^