1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSX games that need ?sbi?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by WezGG, May 10, 2007.

1. WezGG

WezGG Member

ok, I arent %100 if that is the file name, just remember making 1 for one of my games and that file was in the folder!! but they are basically files that have info that isnt put on an image (dont know if its certain formats, def not on bin+cue or iso). just wondering, coz i vaguely remember someone saying (not here) that mgs needed one, so before i upload it, wanted to find out, as my cd drive had probs reading it (or even the disc full stop!!) for star ocean 2 (which I dont think even needs it lol), and I will have to travel to my parents to do it (pretty far for a poor person like me!!! lol)!

if anyone knows of a site or something, that says what games need them (dunno if/how they would work for psx - def needed for some games for epsxe though), then put it up, so I can get mgs upped)

cheers folks

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure I get what you want to know, I'll give it a try though.

If a .sbi file is needed it's definitly on a per file format basis, not a per game basis.
    All you need is a dumb of the date, that can either be .iso, .bin/.cue or whatever other formats that exist,
    one such format might need .sbi files.

Generally I try sticking to the known formats of .iso and .bin/.cue.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you mean .sbi ???

http://www.fileinfo.net/extension/sbi

4. WezGG

WezGG Member

just checked in epsxe docs, definately sbi, even if u use bin/cue (thats wot i put all my psx games as), sometimes some of the subchannel info isnt saved, n causes problems playing the game (on pc anyway) due to the copy protection, but u can create this file (either first x sectors which for most is ok, or full disc) so it can use that if the disc isnt in (or drive cant read certain psx discs - like one of mine).
    not sure wot games need it though and i thought it said something about msx somewhere.