1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP or NDS

Discussion in 'Gaming Lounge' started by Adnan1992, Jun 15, 2007.

?

What is better?

1. PSP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nintendo DS/ DSi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both are level

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Adnan1992

Adnan1992 Well-Known Member

wow what a heated discussion this thread is having. was wondering, the 3DS is coming out in the near future. is there any way to edit the actual polls at the beginning of the thread to include other options?

2. cuccio123

cuccio123 Well-Known Member

The reason they look at those big series is that those are the reasons Nintendo has remained the king of gaming.

Can you say grasping at straws?

You contradicted yourself.
    You're looking at bigger games. (Except Lock's Quest)
    Go look through the RomU Download section.
    Remove the Japanese stuff and you'll see a bounty of kids games.
    But look at the PSP, and you won't see that.

1)They don't make commercials with ugly people do they?
    2)Who'd take them seriously as a buisness without them?

Have you seen kids run a forum?

So explain:
    -The TV show
    -The toys
    -The billions of pieces of child accessories.
    -The easiest RPG ever made?

It's complex to program, but easy to understand.
    A 12 year old on my street knows how to IV/EV train well.

I don't see how you think that the DS isn't mainly geared toward children.

The DS is sold on the basis for familiarity in games with a unique way of playing them.
    But the fact that more than three-quarters of DS games are made for people under the age of 18.

3. useurcamera

useurcamera Active Member

the PSP has better specs but what i like about the DS is the variety of games. dont you agree?? ;D

4. freehand01

freehand01 Well-Known Member

agree with you, shame that most of the good games in DS never got localized in North America..

5. ventehxieteh

ventehxieteh Well-Known Member

both are of equal level, each has pros and cons..

when one says one is better than the other is probably one of the following

1. have not even tried to play the other handheld
    2. is a very bias person overall

DS may have shitty graphics but has a variety of great gameplay
    PSP may not have that touchscreen, but it has a lot of great games(Tekken!)

and DS is not only for games and PSP is not only for mature.. they are for people who loves to play console games ^_^

6. TaylorWho

TaylorWho Active Member

Nintendo DS = Great if you like RPGs and Point & Click Adventures
    Mediocre if not.
    OPINIONS.
    Post Merge: [time]1271210155[/time]
    >implying

7. RomNinja

RomNinja Member

I mainly stick with DS because I like the franchises and they come out with a lot of solid games. Unfortunately, the DS is way behind the PSP when it comes to graphics.

8. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

but that's NOT the entire system is all about. it's like you fanboys are admitting that your thinking is too shallow to even try and have a look at the other games the DS has to offer.

contradictory? if there someone who's contradictory around here, its you. First, you confirmed that fanboys look at N's big games because those make Nintendo, and now that i mentioned some popular games, i'm contradicting myself?

Really funny how you fanboys turn things around..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbfZHUbFRno
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahhAn-kbDTo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoszkD46H80
    yeah, no uglies.

Thanks for owning yourself.

That is EXACTLY my point. Getbuck was claiming that only kids under 12 play pokemon, and we'll thank you for proving otherwise.

It IS a kids show, no doubt about it, but we're not talking about the show, or the toys, or the accessories, are we?

Now the game is kid-friendly, BUT it can be adult-friendly as well, not because of the mature content or any obscenities, but because of the complexity of the gameplay. You don't need to have blood, sex and gore for the mature audience to like your game.. well.. unless your games belong to the PSP, according to you.

puzzle games, exercise/body part training games and text-based games disagree with you.

Hmm.. one fanboy says under 12, not another says under 18. So which is which? You fanboys keep contradicting yourselves, its funny how you guys just keep on owning each other.

9. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

10. Binocularz

Binocularz Active Member

IMO when it comes to graphics psp dominates it but all of a sudden the games starts to get boring, DS on the other hand has a touch screen feature and has fun games to lurk with,(Pokemon and Mario as an example. :) )

11. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

good points.

don't get me wrong, there are some PSP game i DO like to play, Dissidia being one of them. but after the excitement is gone, playing most PSP games suddnly feel like a chore, while DS games still has that fun factor from start to finish.

12. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

PSP was such a great idea, but now the DS has far outstripped it, especially with that failure; the PSPgo

13. lil_azn_a55a5in

lil_azn_a55a5in Well-Known Member

psp is better since the graphics are better, the games are better and you could do more with it but these days i find the psp less popular. psp is mainly for more serious gamers in my opinion. The nds is also a great handheld, its alot of fun.

14. maggiemaymay

maggiemaymay Well-Known Member

From a mom's point of view. Me, daughter, and son have our own NDS and PSP. Hubby is not into gaming so he doesn't have any.

NDS
    I'm into adult games so I have NYT and USA crossword puzzles, Myst, and all adventure point and click games.
    Daughter is 16 and she likes tetris, Brain Age, Nintendog, and Professor Layton games. When she was younger, she liked Cooking Mama and Diner Dash.
    Son is 14 and likes Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Super Mario Bros., Professor Layton, and now really into the Phoenix Wright series. When he was younger, he was into Pokemon and all the Lego and Star Wars games.

PSP
    I don't like shooting or scary games so I have Harvey Birdman, Diabolik, Indiana Jones, Shadow of Destiny, etc, adventure type games.
    Daughter likes Family Feud, Jeopardy, and Loco Roco.
    Son likes Tekken, Gran Turismo, GTA series, and Loco Roco.

I do believe the NDS and PSP is for everyone, from 5 years to 100 years, male or female. You just have to do your own research and see what games are out there.

We are very happy to each have our own NDS and PSP.

15. Scent

Scent Active Member

Both are level.

16. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I honestly prefer both. I have a DS Lite, Band Hero rocks. I borrowed my bros PSP, Tekken 5 rocks (won't let me play Tekken 6 :()

17. bkwan92

bkwan92 Well-Known Member

i would say both they have there ups and downs......... psp has better graphics while nds has a unique gameplay... and they both have good games that are exclusively for the specific consoles

18. SushiKing

SushiKing Well-Known Member

I would say the NDS because i own one... If i had a PSP i would say that... It's what people own that they like the best i reckon.

19. paisios

paisios Well-Known Member

psp for sureeeee

20. Yutrzenika

Yutrzenika Well-Known Member

They both have their ups and downs really.
    PSP has some awesome games, really good online support, a store to download PSP games, demos, and videos, great graphics, and it can play movies and music, as well as browse the web.
    DS also has some great games, with graphics that are a bit less than that of the N64, but most game designers try to utilize the DSs features, so it's a wee bit difficult to find a good game that only uses buttons, and not touch screen. DS doesn't have that great of online either, nor can it play music or movies (Unless you get a special cart).