1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP HandHeld System Who Owns One?

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Prototype, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Prototype

Prototype Well-Known Member

You know, Ive been throught this post many times and I havent seen 1 single person post here in this section, so let me be the first to post it here....now show hands how many of you have a PSP gaming System?..........if not, dont lie I can read your mind..... :p 8) anyways, figured as much.......one thing is I didnt know they had so many hardware versions for the psp, canada has the 1010 while we have the 0099 throught 1004 or 5 something like that....japan has a AK version of ours but AK instead of TA its AK0010 and AK 0011 other countries as well.....who here plays with their PSP online as well and what games? so I can challenge you peeps ;D :p 8)

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I have one, don't use it though.

3. Prototype

Awww......now why would you not play your psp :p....shoot shouldnt have asked that question ;D..now seph is gonna go give 1000 reasons why he dont play it :p 8)

:eek: Im starting to worry if Im the only guy here that owns a psp in this whole forum and actually plays it :eek: and has fun with it :p

4. langes01x

langes01x Member

I own a PSP but I haven't used it all too much this last while. I use it often but I just have been far too busy to play. If only it would play divx/.avi files. Then I would probably use it all the time. I have so much anime that I could watch.

I've only got two games for it. Cause I'm cheap :)

5. Seph

Hey I have a Wii too I haven't used much, too busy working on getting everything about the new version ready.

6. Prototype

eegghhhh.... :p I knew it lol :p

Hey langes01x, you know they got special software that can covert your video formats into an mpeg4 or download any software that llows you play your videos no need to any special version to play em....but the easiest way is to just search for Sony's Media Manager on Bearshare, kazaa, limewired Pro, or any other p2p peer program, they have it....that will convert your videos to the format thats right for the psp......then your gonna seriously watch your anime, I watch my anime on my psp too...but that was before I got a Zen Media Player ;D 8)

7. Reider

Reider Modereider

If I feel the need to, I just "borrow" the neighbor kid's PSP, just so I can play Breath of Fire III every once in a while.

PSP never really appealed to me for some reason.

8. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

PSP just isn't designed well...that crazy flimsy analog stick thingy..?its an analog stick...but there's only one of them...?whats up with that...and my thumb keeps slipping off it...and I cant deal with the crippling cramp you get in your hands after just playing for 5 minutes.
    ...it doesn't have that many good games either...apart from Pro Evo 6...
    I loathe the PSP....it looks cool though...and the multimedia aspect is good..

9. Prototype

Thats why they have an add on analog stick so if your not comfortable with the old analog stick you can buy a fluffly bunny 1 if ya like....for 1 dollar......lol kidding, naww they have the soft analog 1 with a long stick hanging on it....plus if your fingers get cranked up they also have the game controller add on for the psp so you wont have to say that it sucks and play for hours on end til your brain gets overloaded :p............and for games, I can think of alot of games that are really sweet....not just starting with metal slug anthology...and the most favorite of all times ATARI Battle Zone, but many others like command and Conquer, and Command, or is it Commandos., an rpg game........ :p and others I cant think of...specially MACH, sweet as game.... 8)

10. Lancaster

Lancaster Well-Known Member

I have a PSP and that's all I really play now when I get the chance. The one thing I hate about the PSP is the damn UMD disks. I put them in my PSP case and when I took them out, the disk fell out. When I tried to put that silver thing with the small hole, I broke it. I broke my Dynasty Warriors and Twisted Metal UMDs this way. I wanted to cry so bad. Uh oh, here comes to tears *runs away*

11. Prototype

Dont worry mate.........Loony has a surprise for all of you all, when the new site comes out.........and it involves does 2 games and many more for psp.......... :p isnt that right buddy old pal loony........ :p

Yeah I know what you mean man............I have one That also has the same problem.....my Rengoku game tower of purgatory, the plastic window thing broke so I cant put it back in anymore.......from both sides.....thats why I made a copy of the game before it completely broke....lol.....the game works, the only thing if only I can find a replacement case to put the game in there..........the disk works great tried it on my computer........the plastic case is what pissed me off when I got it...just grabed it and it broke....rrrrrgggggggggggggg :p

12. birdvsworm

birdvsworm Member

i own it and i use this forum to get psx games to play on it... it's handy and definitely a good buy, especially if you have a lot of time on your hands. otherwise, if you want good homebrew, you'd better find a friend that can do all the crap to it to make it as accessible with homebrew as everyone claims it is.

13. Prototype

hey bird, i got a question...what kind of emulator you use on your psp...cuz i cant seem to find 1 damn good emulator to put on my psp and play does psx games which I converted to iso instead of using the clonecd format?.........all my psx games are ready to play the only think is the emulator thats pssing me off cant find 1 damn good 1 :p :p

14. darkman

darkman Well-Known Member

Last year I desided to buy a GP2X instead of a PSP. I'm mostly into retro and homebrew. And I did not want to fight Sony to play that. I have plans to get one someday, but moving parts in a handheld scare me. It is like the first time I purchased a game system that used CDs. It took a while to get used too. My big question with the PSP is, have they gotten better with the load time for a game? If I got a PSP it would mainly be for commercial games.

15. Seph

It depends on the game of course but the few games I have tried was alright, you didn't get bored waiting for it to load. Naturally it won't be as fast as ROM images, but it's not too bad.

16. Prototype

it all depends, seph is correct, but runng it straight from your psp is alot faster, about 1 to 2 seconds faster depending on the size of game and the graphics its holding.....I never really had any boot time problems with my psp.....the games load just as fast as they would in a pc.....

17. Reider

Reider Modereider

One little note I should add, don't play Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 on it, horrible waiting time (6 minutes for a match to load)

18. Prototype

really, I never had any problems with that game....it loads just as fine.....you prob have bad disc, or your disket is clogged with dusk something like that...just use a pc blower see if that helps also check to see if the disk isnt scratched.

19. darkman

darkman Well-Known Member

What is the reason for the long load time? Is it the lack of having enough memory? A buffer problem? The way the system is designed?

When I was trying it out for the first time in a game store, I really walked away the first few times because I got tired of waiting. There was one time I did play play an RPG and when I entered a building it was, what seemed like a long time, maybe a minute before I was there. It was the same way when I left. Crash racing did not seem that bad.

edit: Is it just game related? Maybe the developers not use to the system?

20. Reider

Reider Modereider

Couldn't really tell ya, the game and system weren't mine, they were my nephew's. Dunno if they managed to fix that or not, I just remember it taking an insanely long time to load the match, so I quit playing it.