1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Psp hacking downloading

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by ir4, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

wait what if its a psp 3000, how do you downgrade it?

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Your gonna have to do some major work to get chickHEN on it.... Heres a link....

http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/f133/the-ultimate-guide-for-psp-3000-and-psp-t246199/

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Technically that isn't a downgrade, it's more of a expoit.

You need firmware 5.03 to get that running.

4. pinkypatwik143

no like if the firmware is higher, like 5.07 is there a way to downgrade that to 5.03?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No, you cannot downgrade official firmwares without using a pandora battery or using the exploits (which work on 5.03)

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And pandora is not an option for 3000 models or certain late gen 2000 models.

As nice as they look, they are a double edged sword :(

7. pinkypatwik143

so any firmware higher cant download and cant be downgraded?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

The 3000 cannot be downgraded at all, and if the Firmware is too high (Above 5.03, or maybe 5.50, if there is an exploit for it, not sure), it cannot run exploits to run homebrew and games.

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

There is one expoilt for 5.50, called "5.50MHU" which needs medal of honour heros 2 disc, but it needs to be the europeon version I think...

But I have never tested this and no idea if it works well.

10. pinkypatwik143

okay then I'm gonna get a psp 2000 but what if its also higher than 5.03? Can i downgrade it?

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can with a "pandora battery" or "tool battery".

If inserted and the powerlight comes on, it can be hacked, if not...you basically have another 3000.

The 1000 is the safest model to downgrade, I got lucky with my psp 2000, I check the number code inside the battery compartment...

And then I used pspident (a homebrew made to check motherboards) to see what's inside.

12. pinkypatwik143

well stores near me dont sell psp 1000 anymore and like i said again i live in guam

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

But unless you want to risk tampering with an explosive battery then you would need to try buying the battery online.

So it's easier to buy both from ebay or somewhere really.

14. pinkypatwik143

ok finally bought a psp 2000 slim off ebay. it is a 4.01 how do i download now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.