1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP - Completely Downgrade Proof Motherboard.

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Almo, Oct 4, 2008.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

OK ive been meaning to post this for quite some time, its fairly old news now.

In certain Sony PSP Slim and Lite consoles is a motherboard which can not be downgraded by any means, this motherboard version is TA-088V3. Not even a pandora's battery can downgrade this version of motherboard. No one is entirely sure how to check this mobo version yet, the simplest way is just to try downgrading with a pandora, if nothing happens or it boots up normally then its more than likely that you have V3 which can not be downgraded.

Though we thought sony had finally cracked the loophole, it appears that they themselves did not realise what they had done, since a new motherboard version (TA-090) has just been discovered, and it seems can be downgraded using a pandora.

It seems that most PSPs that come out of the box with OFW 4.01 and OFW 4.05 have TA-088v3 mobos, try and avoid buying new stock if you wish to downgrade, and ask at your local games store if you can check the FW version before you purchase.

2. Lignify

Lignify New Member

Sorry for my noobish question. But why downgraded that little console's mobo? What benefits you from downgrading it? Thanks

3. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Downgrading a PSP allows the installation of custom firmware. Allowing you to run PSP games, PSX games and all sorts of homebrew from your memory card. Somewhat like what you can do with a flashcart on NDS.

4. tommy558

tommy558 Member

My son as just got a PSP for Xmas. it was 2nd hand .
    could some kind person . drop me a PM explaining what i need and how to open the psp . to except
    roms like we do with is DS .
    many thanks .

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

PM sent :)

6. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

could you tell me how to modify a psp from software 3.03

7. jimjac0111

jimjac0111 New Member

You need a pandora's battery and a Magic memory stick. You can pick them up for about 20 bucks, or you can find someone to mod it for you.