1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PSP - CFW Tutorial [All PSP Models] PSP 1000/2000/3000/Go/E1000 (Basic Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Joel16, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Hey, it's Joel16 here
    so you've got a new PSP or you had one and you're sick of "buying umds". You want to run homebrews and backups, but you’re lost with all the terms "HEN", "M33", "Pro" "ME'… or you’re simply looking for an easy guide to get the best solution for your PSP? Well, you've come to the right place! I will only provide Firmwares of 6.20 And Later, Because the rest have been outdated.

Step1.
    [​IMG]

Step2.
    [​IMG]

CFW Installation

The First Ever and Most Gullible Portable system ever to be release by sony, This is one of its best, Due to its really cool "unlocking/unbricking feature" Using the Pandora and a Magic Memory Stick. Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP 1000 has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

1. Download the necessary files

PSP Official Firmware 6.60

Pro CFW (latest version)

2. Update your PSP to firmware 6.60

Skip this step if you already have Firmware 6.60 installed on your PSP.

In order to install Pro CFW on your PSP, you will need to first update your PSP to the 6.60 Sony firmware (which, at the time of this writing, is the latest firmware released by Sony), if that’s not already the case. There are versions of Pro CFW that will run on older firmwares, but updating to 6.60 will guarantee the best compatibility for your official games.

To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

3. Install Pro Cfw

The Pro CFW archive provides several subfolders in the “PSP/GAME” folder. Two of them are interesting for us: the FastRecovery and the PROUPDATE folders. Those two need to be extracted to the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick.

Assuming you extracted the files correctly, you will see a few new applications in your PSP’s Game menu. The one you will want to run in order to install Pro CFW is “Pro Update”. Just run it.

That’s it. You can erase the “ProUpdate” folder from your PSP, but keep the “FastRecovery” one.

Well This Was, Sony's Best Selling PSP, This one was Both hackable to the "fullest" and still had the great "sony" features like skype.
    Due to its great Unbrickable feature, I would once again advise sony's latest firmware 6.60. Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP 2000 has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

Pro CFW (latest version)

In order to install Pro CFW on your PSP, you will need to first update your PSP to the 6.60 Sony firmware (which, at the time of this writing, is the latest firmware released by Sony), if that’s not already the case. There are versions of Pro CFW that will run on older firmwares, but updating to 6.60 will guarantee the best compatibility for your official games.

To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

3. Intstall Pro Cfw

The Pro CFW archive provides several subfolders in the “PSP/GAME” folder. Two of them are interesting for us: the FastRecovery and the PROUPDATE folders. Those two need to be extracted to the PSP/GAME folder on your memory stick.

Assuming you extracted the files correctly, you will see a few new applications in your PSP’s Game menu. The one you will want to run in order to install Pro CFW is “Pro Update”. Just run it.

That’s it. You can erase the “ProUpdate” folder from your PSP, but keep the “FastRecovery” one.

The first Time Sony Ever Created an Unhackable psp, Well later they failed (well the devs are working on it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KixMnQUiBSE&feature=player_embedded). Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP 3000 has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

Pro CFW (latest version)

2. Update your PSP firmware to 6.60

To install the 6.60 Firmware, just unzip the archive on your PSP’s memory stick, in the “PSP/GAME” folder (you should end up with an “UPDATE” folder in the PSP/GAME folder, if you do things correctly), then run the update from your PSP menu.

3. Install Pro Cfw

Be sure to check out the How to Install Permanent Patch (6.20 only) : by Josh 443

Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP Go has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

PSP Official Firmware 6.60 (Important note the download link for the PSP Go is different than that of other models, take the right one!)

Pro CFW (latest version)

3. Install Pro Cfw

The latest PSP, released by Europe. Installing a Custom Firmware on your PSP Street has never been so easy. In this page I’m describing the easiest possible way for you to install the most reliable Custom Firmware on your PSP: Pro CFW.

Pro CFW (latest version)

2. Update your PSP to 6.60

3. Install Pro Cfw

By Josh 443

2. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Re: PSP - CFW Tutorial ~ All OFW/All PSP Models [J16]

Updated topic with Spoiler: How To Install Permanent Patch (6.20)

3. ENME

ENME New Member

hi im new and i can't get the roms on my psp.
    its been downloaded...
    extracted ...
    and i tried changing the name to EBOOT.PBP...
    but i still get an error...
    any help guys

4. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Give me more information
    What version is your psp
    What type psp go / psp 3000/ psp 1000?

then ill gladly help you out

5. Chatb0t73

Chatb0t73 Well-Known Member

6. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

could you please not do that?
    and if you need help just ask

7. Chatb0t73

sorry, i ment to ask you how do i know what version my psp is?

8. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

oh you know the last section in your psp at the left, keep scrolling down, until you reach system settings, then click system information

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also what psp do you have?

9. Chatb0t73

idk what psp I have D:

the system information reads as follows

System Software 6.60
    Nickname- *******
    MAC Address *********

10. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

that there is some good infomration
    i see you have 6.60, which is hackable
    but if you dont know what kind of psp it is
    try this: is it
    a) a psp go
    b) a normal psp
    c) A psp Street E1000 (europe no wifi)

11. Chatb0t73

a normal psp

12. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

good
    download 6.60 pro : http://code.google.com/p/procfw/downloads/detail?name=660PRO-B10.fix1.rar&can=2&q=

now extract the file
    open psp/game
    and Drag the folder PRO UPDATE(Must) and FAST RECOVERY (optional) TO YOUR REMOVABLE DISK/PSP/Game, and it contains CIPL flahser, and since you are a beginner and you dont know if your psp is a 1000, 2000, 3000, DONOT PUT IT ON YOUR PSP, DELETE CIPL FLASHER

Now remove usb
    GO to your psp and click proupdate

13. NocaCoco

NocaCoco Guest

Dude, why even bother with using PRO? 6.60 ME is much better and you won't have to deal with the patching crap.

14. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

i dont use me, besides the developer, nueron helps to deveop PRO CFW

15. Jiminy Crickets

Jiminy Crickets Well-Known Member

Nice thread, I've been looking for a good PSP tutorial. Thanks, I appreciate your hard work. :)

16. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

thanks if you gots any questions just pm me :)

17. ngsteven

ngsteven Guest

what the difference between 6.60 PRO and 6.60 ME

Spoiler: For PSP 2000 (Slim) (click to show/hide)

18. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

PRO:
    [!]fix bugs: ISOCache infinite loop、unsupport>2GB ISO,and Need for Speed: Carbon Own The City track disappear
    [!]ISOCache default 256
    [!]fix PSPGo ISO VIDEO MOUNT problem in start game
    [!]fix Recovery menu low probability halt,Recovery menu cpu speed not display 333/166
    [!]fix problem in ISO file name (thx to popsdeco)
    [!]fix ISO file size when mounting UMD through USB (thx to neur0ner)
    [!]optimize order of the patch
    [!]fix the problem of decryption code
    [+]reduce FastRecovery file size,speedup fast recovery (thx to neur0ner)
    [+]support Satelite and Recovery menu translation file,fonts can be changed
    [+]hold R to disable VSH plugins when start XMB
    [+]Recovery menu add Delete Hibernation and highlight effect
    [+]support 2GB~4GB ISO/CSO

ME:
    - Change from 199/99 to 200/100 CPU clock.;
    - Update VSHMenù. Now you can use translate text.
    - Fixed ISO size When it dumps through USB in XMB.

19. ngsteven

ngsteven Guest

thank for help,
    just got question to ask before changing the firmware

is 6.60 PRO better than 6.60ME?

any video that could help me during changing the firmware

do you need to have pandora battery?

20. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

actually i trust 6.60 pro never tried ME, so i say go for PRO!
    and no you dont need a battery
    Plus its easy, update your psp to ofw 6.60
    then copy the files in 6.60 pro, load the game, which PRO UPDATER
    and done
    dont load CIPL Flasher if you dunno about it