1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS3 vs 360 vs Wii

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Littlekill, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Ratalocota

Ratalocota New Member

you right, but the problem with wii is there isn't enough games for this console, and the grafiphic is too por comparte with the other consoles, maybe wii u gona be better

2. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

Just bought an xbox 360, nut PS3 is still better because of the hardware and games like uncharted and LBP

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I have a Wii and a PS3, and I really prefer my ps3.
    I kinda want an xbox as well for Halo, but I don't want to pay to play online.

4. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

Admittedly, compared to the other two systems, the Wii doesn't have A LOT of good games.

But the few games the Wii DOES have, I would choose them over the games PS3 and 360 offer

5. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The online is a lot faster, and it has some games which the PS3 doesn't have.

And Kinect is pretty good.

6. Japjapjap

Japjapjap Guest

7. athemoe

vice versa

8. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

I'd have to go for the wii. It's fairly easy to use and it's gotten cheaper. The past couple of games have impressed me eg:

Bit Trip Complete
    The Last Story
    Kirby's Adventure
    Xenoblade Chronicles

There are a few games i want to play. LOZ Skyward Sword, Pandora's Tower and the two No More Heroes games.

9. slapmeorelse

Xenoblade all the way for me

I'll be honest. The only two Kinect games that have really gotten my interest are the Sesame Street and the Disneyland game

10. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Microsoft have dropped the ball lately and I started to fucking despise Xbox Live and everything it stands for. Xbox isn't about games anymore, MS is riding the tide on multiplatform games and timed-exclusivity deals that don't do shit for selling a console and just end up pissing everyone else off, the only actual exclusives they now have is their series staples like Halo and Gears (which just ended a trilogy but will probably have another game in another 3 years), their Arcade titles (which are actually good but cannot sustain an entire system), and their mostly mediocre Kinect titles.

Not only that but Xbox Live is a fucking joke. A pay wall for features that have another pay wall? Fucking dumb, no other way to put it. I'd have to pay 60$ a year to have the privilege of paying for another service to actually work on the console. Something like Netflix cost added on to the Xbox Live cost would ramp it up to 156$ per year and I feel sorry for the poor sap who also have Hulu Plus or anyother service that they might want, or god forbid, live in a country where none of these services are provided for and gets no other 'bonus' for Xbox Live. Something that's standard price of 'free' like Netflix which is free for anything else in the universe like TVs or PS3 or Wii or PCs because something you have to pay for over twice on the 360.

Don't forget Microsoft holds restrictions on how many content patches before players have to pay for them or that they have to pay for DLC. Time to pay for content that's otherwise free on a different system, oh, hi there Left 4 Dead.

Don't get me started on the UI on the stupid thing, it's the most difficult thing to find ANY games on Xbox Live Arcade, I even had trouble finding the arcade tab because I wanted to buy Trials. They literally broke their UI for a UI that's more meant for advertising more than functionality which is a crime.

Kinect sucks too, the only saving grace for it is that Steel Battalion sounds pretty damn awesome. The thing that sucks about stuff like voice recognition if that the same thing can be accomplished with a head set, in which they have to balls to give out free with every Xbox.

Really the only GOOD thing I LIKE about the Xbox lately is the Arcade titles and how updates are super quick and require no install. Ever since I started playing more PS3 and PC the more I realized how something like Party chat isn't really that great and how much Xbox Live is a hulking pile of shit. PS3's online is only okay but that's for a whole different slew of reasons that I don't want to devolve into.

tl;dr Used to like Xbox but it seems like MS lost their vision and it simply got clouded up by $$$.

Also video games suck. Every company is a raging pile of garbage that's either ethically retarded or so far up their asses that they don't realize how mediocre their game vomit is.

Eh, this might be a better rant topic.

11. slapmeorelse

The video game industry has gone to hell at this point.

12. BornToTease

BornToTease Member

PS3 just cause ps3 didn't have to make another kind of console for wireless. You don't have to pay for online.

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

tbh the only one that has kept a degree of sanity is nintendo, every expert not named patcher agrees that pumping the graphics will cause a market crash

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Then I wonder why they slashed the price on the 3DS within the first month of releasing it...

Let's face it, they're all doing shitty at this point, their consoles have gone stale, and their push towards digital downloads only (to completely eliminate the 2nd hand market) will be the death of them. If I can't rent or buy a used game, then I'm not going to succumb to buying it online, especially at a $60 price tag. Piracy might be dead at this point, but it won't turn ex-pirates into legit buyers again, you'll just have ex-pirates.

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

The 3DS starting selling well but the expected hit to the economy came and had to cut the prices

i take it you havent seen the latest news of the wiiu

16. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Do elaborate what you're trying to say. Some of us don't bother checking the news on Nintendo or Sony or even Microsoft.

17. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Quotes, articles, evidence in some shape or form please.
    I would point out that each time a new generation of consoles comes out (generally with better graphics) the video games industry's revenues lurch upwards. As seen in this article.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My opinion is we don't need new consoles at this point. What we do need are developers to stop being lazy and start producing innovative new games that play to the strengths of the consoles we have, and use the capabilities they provide. Staples like final fantasy and zelda are nice but they can't support a platform, and neither can the endless stream of FPS games like CoD that bring absolutely nothing new to the table.

19. athemoe

We do need new consoles.
    Especially if you compare it to computers. I'm ok with the current graphics, but we need better consoles to get more players online (eg BF3 has a 24p cap on console and 64p on PC).

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I said at this point. I'm not disputing that we'll need new ones eventually, but the current ones still have a lot of life left in them, especially the PS3. they just need to be utilised better.