1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS3 vs 360 vs Wii

Discussion in 'Debates' started by Littlekill, Oct 10, 2010.

1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

That is from the n64, just apparently updated graphics...and heavily censored compared to the original which already had some censors that didnt leave much for the imagination ::)

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I always thought that having more bleeps covering up a obscenities more funny than just saying the obscenities at all. In fat, finding obscenities funny is what a 6 or 7 year old would think.

The multiplayer, regardless of it being different from the original, it was one of the best multiplayer games on the Xbox. In fact, I think it had stuff like emblems and leveling up even before CoD4, strangely enough.

That and the graphics were the best on the system, and still hold up, just like Ninja Gaiden Black, they can easily pass as a launch 360 title. Regardless of anyone's opinion on graphics, they also modernized the controls for aiming, which is a god send.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Thank the heavens above! I am not alone!

4. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

Conker's bad fur day for the N64 was Kick ass, but the XBox port was distasteful for me

5. PortalCube

PortalCube New Member

I play Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSX and DreamCast : )

I wish I had a PS3 instead of my Xbox 360, this piece of ****, it doesn't read most of the games discs so I have to open it once a week and clean the 'disc-reading-lazer-thingy'. What also bugs me is that I have to PAY to play online.

I don't really care about the graphics of video-games, I want to play a game that is both FUN and CHALLENGING. I wish I had a PS3 so I could buy either Uncharted 2 or Heavy Rain.

I think that Wii's games have most potential and fun.

But when it comes to emulation, PC is the best. If you had an uber-super-duper-gaming PC, you could play PS3's, Xbox 360's and Wii's games with it.

Just putting some of my own thoughts and experiences on this topic : )

6. phscarface

phscarface Well-Known Member

For me PlayStation 3 is best because there's the European versions of the games that comes with an option to put language and subtitles on Portuguese (I'm from Brazil, portuguese kinda diferent from here and there but is better than nothing), also some games, such as Killzone 3 has PT-BR language and now Infamous 2 is coming PT-BR.

It's not a major diferent for you people, but for me and people here is, 360 I didn't see a game in Portuguese so....
    And one thing important is that PS3 don't have that freshness stuff about Region lock, as Wii (xbox 360 I dunno if have so I won't say what I dunno) that you have USA console, can only play games from usa, if have a Japanese console, can only play japanese games.

And the fact of holding both game and DLC in the Blu ray *o* do I need to tell more? XD

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition in PS3 all come in the disk, Xbox, due to the use of DVD9 can only afford the main game in disk and you receive a link with the key to download the DLC.

My internet isn't good, only @ 600kb/s download go under 50kb/s and variate alot from 20kb/s

It's not a internet for massive downloads.
    And Grand Theft Auto IV comes in the same disk as Episodes From Liberty City.

And I have choose PS3 because it's exclusives are more, comparing to PC, most games on 360 goes to PC later, except a few ones, that's why FOR ME PS3 is better.

And well, to watch Blu-ray movies 8D
    It's like a 2 in 1 equipment, where I can watch blu ray film and play my games in it later.

The only game in 360 that I wanted so bad was Alan Wake, but it's just one game, so maybe later, many years later if an emulator goes out I'll try it XD

Wii have grat games in it, but has too many accessories that you are obliged to obtain in order to play a certain game, that makes it very expensive, here it is at least.

So when playing Wii and Game cube games come in the table, I'd like tosay, there's nothing cheaper here than the humble PC Gamer.

Well, that's my opinion and I guess it shoudn't be considered if you don't face same reallity as mine.

7. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

in response to that equation at the top of the page i say suck it 360 and wii beat ps3 anyday

8. finalmario

finalmario Well-Known Member

It was a remake,not a port.If it was a port,it would have been much better.But yes,the Xbox verson was shit.The N64 verson is the best.

Post Merge: [time]1302476450[/time]
    I agree,the 360 beats the PS3,but the Wii,not so much. In hardware,the PS3 wins by a longshot.And as for the games,the Wii has some great games,but not as many as the PS3.

So IMO:

Xbox 360>PS3>Wii

Oh,and for the record,the N64 beats the Wii by a long shot.And the Gamecube.Idk about the NES and SNES( I know those aren't in the topic,just saying)

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't understand the hate for Conker's on the Xbox, it updated so much. The camera in comparison from the Xbox to the N64 made the N64 version unplayable for me, while the multiplayer was different it wasn't much worse. But the single player experience was much better than the N64 one. If the only reason why people hate it more is the bleeping out swear words, get off the bandwagon.

Also, I hate these topics. Why do I bother posting here anymore?

10. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

I agree, Conkers Bad Fur Day on the Xbox was badass. I wouldn't say it was the best game, but it was great. As for people posting X>Y>Z; you are all wrong. This is the debates section, back up your opinions.
    Personally I still think the PS3 is best as it is good value, a good media centre and has the most potential of any of the consoles. I've used the Move and the Kinect and would view the Move as the more polished and applicable of the 2. The Wii is a heap of overpriced plastic and last-gen technology.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

^^ Overpriced? Apparently the price might go down to 99$ sometime soon.

12. gaynorvader

How much are the controllers for it?

13. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

On Amazon, Nintendo's price is usually $20 (plus shipping, etc)

14. gaynorvader

I read it at ~$40 if you include a nunchuk and a plus controller.

15. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

This, I also own a Wii, and I'm actually beginning to regret that.

16. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

I was too until I found a bunch of hidden gems.
    Though, I don't get tired of systems easily because I don't burn through games.
    I still have titles I bought from 2010 that I haven't even started yet because I'm still enjoying earlier 2010/2009/2008 titles.

Also, how many of these annoying "Console vs Console" threads can RomU possibly vomit?

17. Psychotray

Psychotray Member

Probably Ps3 , I've always enjoyed the PS consoles.
    But , if I were to choose something out of all the consoles / electronic gaming devices I would definitely choose a PC. PC's can do all of what any console can do , and more:)

18. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

Whatever you need for your games, but if I was forced to choose only one, I would pick the Wii.

19. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

considering my record (PSX, PS2, PSPx2, PS3) my opinion most like a bias one.... so i'll just leave this here Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, Uncharted, Infamous and Little Big Planet..

20. fabvini

fabvini Well-Known Member

LOL i live in brazil too and yeah it sucks :D

And I have a wii but I bought it in the UK and some games are enjoyable but you get frustrated when titles like Catherine aren't launched for it.