1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS3 Keys found - PSP Keys in same place

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by LuckyTrouble77, Jan 2, 2011.

1. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure where else to really put this, so I placed it here. Feel free to move if it would be better elsewhere.
    Well, basically, homebrew and the like can now be signed in a way that makes it so the PS3 reads it as if it was ok'd by Sony.

I've left out the keys. People can find them relatively easily if they want them.

The keys for the PSP also happened to be stashed in what is now the fail security of the PS3.

Looks like all of us PS3 owners will be enjoying us some homebrew regardless of firmware soon enough.

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If I can use basic homebrew emulators without jailbreaking my ps3 Im all for it!

Note that I do not condone cheating online/trophy hacks, trophy glitching is ok~

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I could seriously CARE LESS about other people hacking their trophies in. Whatevs. The only people they've cheated are themselves.

I would like to be able to go online and still be able to run backups.
    Hopefully, this allows me to do that.

4. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

All I care about are emulators, Earthbound on an HDTV? Yes.

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

:D

SAME HERE!

When I first heard about the hacking I knew there would be trophy hacks...and then I was shown some stuff about them, sure I glitch and exploit, but to intentionally fuck with my ps3 for a bigger e-penis for trophies?

That ain't right, it's worse than an invincibility glitch.

So Im with you here, in other words.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I'm gonna rape the shit outta my ps3

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

will this make PSX ISO for PSP playable in PS3?

8. manaseater

manaseater Well-Known Member

if im reading this correctly, this is big news!

can people with just psps use this? or does it require a ps3?

9. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

PS2 isos to play on PS3, god damn it, someone make this happen!

10. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Seeing as even Dolphin is being ported to ps3, it damn well better.

11. insanecrazy07

http://dukio.com/ps3-jailbreak/multiman-011105-experimental-ps2-game-backups-support.html
    Already been done.

12. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

That is for backwards compatible PS3's only. If your PS3 couldn't play PS2 games before, they still can't now.

If somebody designs a loader that launches PSX ISO's that is signed with the keys properly, they will be playable on the PS3. I'm not sure what relevance the PSP has in there though.

People can design and "officially" sign homebrew and such for the PSP and PS3 now. This means that even a non-hacked device would be able to read and use it. If somebody takes advantage of the PSP keys, it would certainly work, but with the extensive CFW already available, I don't see the PSP keys having as big of an impact.

13. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

actually, this can also be good news for psp users. maybe they make an iso loader to work on official firmware. therefore having the ofw advantages like playing online (without needing the plugin thingy) and other stuff that come with the fw

14. insanecrazy07

I keep forgetting that not everyone has a BC PS3...

15. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah like me :(

But they should be able to...all this power...all you need is a ps2 emulator program, not an iso loader.

16. King Cookie

King Cookie Well-Known Member

Yeah there's a bunch of good stuff because of this but what about online play? cheaters could ruin online parts of games pretty easily *cough* MW2 *cough*