1. This forum is in read-only mode.

[PS2 Fan Translation News] Front Mission 5 Finally in English!

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma Member

I just got PCSX2, but I need a strong PC to make the game speed work normal, and my old laptop won't be able to do it, I'll try it on my sister PC.

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You may experience a slowdown when playing it on 0.9.7, even with the r1888.
    Just make sure the game is loaded on PCSX2, if it does, burn it to your DVD-R using ImgBurn with 4x, or 2x write speed.

If it is not, maybe there's something wrong with your patching, or the original rom itself.
    Try using Verbatim's DVD as well, I'm pretty sure other brands are working, but that's the one which I used to burn the game.

3. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma Member

I installed PCSX2 0.9.7, it asks for a PS2 BIOS which I have to dump from my own PS2 console, how do I do that? It won't run a game until I have the PS2 BIOS.
    The 2nd time I burned the iso onto DVD-R I used ImgBurn with 2x write speed, but I used LG DVD-R, and my PS2 still can't read the disc. Now before I burn for the 3rd time, I want to try the patched iso with PCSX2.

4. meganova

I have sent the link for Bios through PM, just put it into a folder, and configure it on the emulator.
    Does the screen turn red, with a notification when you insert the disc? or it just direct you to the Memory Card area?

5. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma Member

Thank you for sending the link, I'm DLing the Bios. PCSX2 said that I can't use friend's Bios or from the internet, but if you can use it so can I :)
    It took me to memory cards browser, sometimes with notification "The disc can't be read"

6. meganova

Either your DVD has bad files in it, not burned in preferred method, thus making it impossible to load,
    or perhaps there's something wrong with the hardware inside the PS2, especially the laser.

Let see if the game load on PCSX2, if it does, try to burn it again, use other brand than LG, like Verbatim, TDK and Maxwell.
    If it's not loading, and it directing you to error or memory card browser, try to patch it again.
    First, by testing the original iso on PCSX2(if it succeed) and then proceed to patching rom.

7. ShinRyouma

ShinRyouma Member

I'll try on PCSX2, but I can't do it right away (I'm working out of town), I'll try on Thursday or Friday. I don't think PS2 laser is the problem because I can load other game. If the patched iso works on PCSX2 I'll get Verbatim DVD-R.

8. qaa7705d

qaa7705d New Member

can anyone give me the download link to front mission 5?..i want to play this game in my laptop use pcsx2...

9. Eadelas25

Eadelas25 Well-Known Member

What the heck!? The japanese released FM5 and didn't publish it outside Japan!?

I love the FM series and played every single one! How DARE they keep this game from me!?

To Japan:

I know you guys are stingy when it comes to the quirky games you make but PLEASE send a few of them our way.

You'd be surprised to find out a lot of people would enjoy those games.

I mean look at Katamari Damacy, people thought it was a stupid at first and then it became a huge hit!