1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS2 Emulator

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by mosh2193, Mar 30, 2009.

1. mosh2193

mosh2193 New Member

Anyone know of any good PS2 emulators and whether of not RomUlation will be having any ISOs for it?

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

romulation will not host ps2 ISOs because of its size and a good ps2 emulator i think is epsxe

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

ePSXe is for PS1 games.

PCSX2 is the better of the PS2 emulators. 0.9.6 is the latest version. It can play quite a few games. Here is the Compatibility List.

PS2 games range from 1GB to 8GBs per disc depending on the game. The easiest way to get them is to search for Torrent sites hosting them.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...can this particular ps2 emu play games off the disc, like epsxe can?

5. TirithRR

Yes, it can.

But I just ripped my PS2 games to an ISO using DVD Decryptor because it's faster when reading from the Hard Drive.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

interesting...i might consider this one.

7. tomzoem

tomzoem New Member

wah.. so we finnaly i can enjoy ps2 from my pc..
    then u must have enough hard disk to save the game don't you?
    or anyone have any better idea, how to save that ps2 game?

8. TirithRR

The emulator automatically creates a memory card "File". It does not take up hardly any Harddrive space.

It is stored at:
    \Pcsx2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2

They are only 8MB for each card. The emulator treats these files the same as your real PS2 treats the real memory cards. You do not have to do anything other than click "Save" in game.

By comparison, the PS2 games are between 1GB and 8GB each, that's 1000 to 8000 MB.

9. SO COULD U GIVE ME A LINK TO THIS PS2 EMULATOR??????
    and some name of games that works????
    the compatibility list link doesn't work........
    Post Merge: [time]1248930334[/time]
    THERE HE GOES AGAIN WITH TAHAT STUPID ICON.........
    maybe i can sue u...........

10. rchuncleskeleton

rchuncleskeleton Well-Known Member

I tried PCSX2 and I couldn't load any of my games from the disc and I don't have the HD space to copy one over, but then again I did try it on my laptop so maybe I'll give it a try on my desktop seeing as it's about 4 times more powerful.

11. TirithRR

The link works just fine. That is the PCSX2 website.

That Icon is because you are spamming the ?. STOP spamming the ?. Three ? = The Confused Smiley. It is your fault it is happening, and excessive punctuation is not necessary, and is VERY annoying. It will not make your question get answered faster.

Reid edit: You failed at quoting so I fixed it for you Tirith. :p

12. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

My laptops spec's enable to to play it...

What were the laptops specs?

Did you have the bios?

What game were you trying?

http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key

Click on a letter-or enter a name and see-this is normal dude-sheesh!

(and your becoming a bit of a annoyance-try to think before you ask-and don't even mention the word "sue" as YOU KNOW what the site deals in...)

???=? ? ? don't spam the question marks-it's no help in helping your questions-BTW still cleaning my pm box of all your questions from your psp hack.

(I have...or HAD pcsx-it's ok but not perfect...yet-if you have 2-D type games they work fine-but anything like devil may cry or grand theft auto may have a hard time trying to run-speed and graphics issues-and sheer power to run)

13. VIII....

VIII.... Well-Known Member

just think about. in 7-8 years time this could be as good as the gba emulator. which pretty much has complete compatiblity. 8 gb could be the as 100 mb now.
    i checked that compatibility list and i was surprised on how many games are playable. even kingdom hearts was playable

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

"playable" but not "perfect"...

It does state that it can be played regardless of the fps (so in otherwords-graphics and sound may be perfect-but may be 4 times slower than original game-look at devil may cry 3-cutscenes which are ingame work flawlessly but gameplay is S.L.O.W but it can still be played...if 14FPS is fine with you in a 60fps game XD)

15. TirithRR

Actually, from what I've played of KH1 and KH2 on my PCSX2, it is perfect (had to tweak the settings a bit to have the health bar show up).

FFX, FFX-2, KH1, KH2 all ran without problems. FFX and FFX-2 need the special "missing polygons" fix for the FFX game to be enabled or else complete backgrounds are missing. Grandia II had some issues with voices being out of sync with the cutscenes.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wow-I suspected those would be hardest ro run...prehaps it's my laptop :(

If devil may cry 3 runs on your rig then it's 100% me.

17. TirithRR

You are right about the "Playable" meaning though.

Technically, Xenosaga is "Playable" (and is listed as such on the compatibility page) but even on great setups, the cutscenes are 1-4 FPS. This basically renders the game unplayable, even though it does play.

I don't have a copy of Devil May Cry 3, so I can't test it out on my setup.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

...someone did upload it on the trading board-I'm getting it now-it's number 1 but it may give an indictation of how it goes...

But my guess is that it will run better than 3-it's older.

19. Meramex

Meramex Well-Known Member

Good news for all those who don't have a Ps2 but are dying to play games like KH, or FF Great news if you ask me. The latest PCSX2 svn beta build 1736 is completely awesome. If you have a good graphics card, preferably a GeForce 9 series, and a Core 2 Duo E7XX, you can run almost any game. I finished every Ps2 game i had on my PC and at 2X Speed without a single graphical error. mine's a Core 2 quad with 9600GT.You "have" to download it. You still need the BIOS though. But anyone with half a brain can get one.

PS. I finished Final Fantasy XII, Devil May Cry 4 and God of War II at 200%!!!!

20. xelendro

xelendro New Member

ware can i the ps2 emulation downloaden