1. This forum is in read-only mode.

ps2 emulator help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gameboy5.0, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

Re: found ps2 emulator and it runs fast.

i read the info...how is the maximum requirement for a CPU 4.0GHZ?!?! i thought the top atm was 3.8GHZ....

2. gameboy5.0

gameboy5.0 Well-Known Member

hay i found one that works made a second post about it going to do some twinkings and see if i can get it to work faster
    Post Merge: [time]1283483936[/time]
    ok then i got the game to work and first it goes fast but then it goes slow still need to do more testing

3. gameboy5.0

ps2 emulator

ok then i all ready got one up but i think it might help me out if i told what my computer specs are ( what it has)

ok then i have a

gueine intel(r) cpu 585 @ 2.16 ghz

ram is 2.00 gb

with a 32 bit os

from what i can tell it looks like i have every thing to run it.

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What graphics card do you have?

5. gameboy5.0

i think it is call mobile intel(r) 4 series express chipset family (useing a program call cpuz to find it)
    Post Merge: [time]1283488875[/time]
    hay is there a plugin that can be use with my computer? i rember that for the ps2 it ran slow till i found the right one could that be it

6. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You have a laptop then?
    With those specs, and it being a laptop... I don't think you will have much success with PS2 emulation.

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 work just fine on PCSX2. Chain of memories has a video freeze, but if you bypass the video (using patches which I think you can find on the PCSX2.net website) it works.

7. gameboy5.0

I THINK I DID IT!!!! it play right it playing video with out slowing down here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zzqAdEH9ZQ

now i just hope game play is good i am so happy i could cry. :D :D :D

if you can try to get it the same on your video.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Try using pcsx2-r1888.
    It works better than 0.9.7. I have FFXII, Dragonquest VIII and dark cloud running full speed.
    GTA3 is almost full speed.