1. This forum is in read-only mode.

PS Vita Exploit confirmed, HBL on its way

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by Joel16, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

Last week, an exploit on the PS Vita through the PSP emulator was announced by Mamosuke. The exploit was found by Teck4, and, we won’t stress it enough, is a PSP exploit that gives us user mode access within the PSP emulator on the Vita. So this is not a Vita exploit per se, but it’s still very cool. Mamosuke confirmed this with a video a few days agoWololo Proof on the exploit

Joel16*

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

xD, and it is just released in Japan and already hacked. How dare you Sony fanboys say that the 3DS security fails

3. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Betting half of my points you're wishing for that.

Not buying Vita until it gets older. They'll patch that up with updates in no time. Which I hope they never do.

4. Jonez001

Well, I don't really care if the 3DS gets fully hacked before the PS Vita or the other way around. It is the fact that systems can be hacked so easy these days.

5. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Nintendo its 3DS got hacked in less than a week. Nintendo was bragging about its security, Sony didn't.
    You're a nintendo fanboy.
    Stop laughing at other people.

6. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

i Definitely am not a Sony fan boy!

In fact I hate Sony because they didn't make the great releases what i wanted for psp!

Im more of nintendo fan, i mean i love what sony has ps3 the graphics
    but nintendo has the gaming, its more fun to me

And Definetly looking forward for the psvita cfw , with that I may just buy one

or if 3DS gets Hacked then im gonna go for the 3DS, but if it is a flashcart hack then im not

7. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't you want a 3DS flashcart? It's almost the same as using a memory stick in the PSP for loading games

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you realise that most games are made by 3rd parties and therefore it has nothing to do with sony?

9. Jonez001

Well, not fully hacked like you can play 3DS roms on it. And I am not laughing at people. I am kinda laughing at Sony. They should be ashamed. I expected after the fiasco with the hack begin this year... the would know how to protect their systems more from hackers.

Hackers aren't really the same as pirates but they are the same kind. I didn't say that Nintendo's security was better. Hell no, like you pointed out you could play DS roms rather fast on it. But I think that the Sony fanboys who laugh at the 3DS now have no right to do so because the same could been done to their system.

10. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I would say they couldn't. They had done the VITA when they had the hack. As long as the PS3 doesn't get hacked, I'm happy.

11. Jonez001

It PS3 is hacked. But no softmodding AFAIK

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

ps3 has been hacked for a good while now. In fairness it did take a long time to do so.

it has custom firmware same as PSP

13. Jonez001

Thanks Loony. I learned something today ~

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

It's been hacked? Wow, I thought it hadn't been.

Oh. and thanks -Jonez-. It modded my Wii last night. Now playing Mario Kart for free :)

15. Joel16

Joel16 Well-Known Member

i moded my wii two but i can only use usbloader gx but i dont know how. also the vita is not hacked yet. It will be, Im sure

16. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Everything will be hacked.
    Remember this: The consoles were made by humans, so it can be hacked by humans.

17. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Bzzzt. Wrong.
    Well, it's not fair that Sony fanboys should be the only one to shut up, no? Same could apply to Nintendo fanboys.

Stop referencing obsessive fanboys. No one showed up even now.

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

>Sony
    >Humans
    >Oxymoron

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

My question is why jump to conclusions about everything? Time tells all tales.

20. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

lol none too bright, are we? The Hello World exploit was found through PSP mode. This is basically like how certain DS flash carts work on the 3DS, in DS mode. The methods for the old remain the same, but nobody knows how to crack the new yet. I skimmed Wololo's explanation a few days ago, closer to a week now, and he states this is not an avenue to hack the actual Vita. Nobody knows quite where to start with that one.