1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project Natal.....

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by calvin_0, Jun 8, 2009.

1. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

Wii sucks!

Srssly ,If MS puts Natal in the new XboX ,it will be a suicide.
    Shooters

2. Fripplebubby

Fripplebubby Member

You say that this is similar to the eyetoy? Yes, I suppose it is similar. The only difference is that eyetoy REALLY sucked. I mean, a lot. Natal may be a copy, but it isn't a cheap rip off. I think Sony had the idea, but not the drive, while Microsoft is stealing the idea, but using it the way Sony should have.

In my opinion, if Microsoft can make a crappy eyetoy into an innovative idea, let them steal the idea.

3. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

But now no one uses IE, it's micro$oft's, slow, insecure, and everything else.

Anyway...
    Project Natal is reportedly based on software technology developed internally by Microsoft and hardware intellectual property acquired from time-of-flight camera developer 3DV Systems. (Wikipedia)
    And yes I think Project Natal is a pure awesomeness, it's like "how they even can do that?". Full body motion capture, voice recognition, facial recognition. The world's changing really fast it seems - it takes one hell of a work to perfect the voice recognition system alone.

Nah, I guess I'm too fascinated with my NDS...

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

IE still holds considerably market share actually.

5. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

I do think only people with 50-- hours of Windows eperience uses IE, or those who doesn't have access to either Opera or Firefox. And since IE is bundled within Windows, every PC should have it.
    Oh, the new IE is pretty neat actually, but it's still inferior to Firefox and Opera.

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry, let me rephrase that:

competition is CRUCIAL.

if there was no competition, then there would be no freedom of choice. and, believe it or not, i like that. like, with processors, you have Intel and AMD. if you only had Intel or AMD, then that company would rise the prices as hell and if you wanted a computer (which i think you would want to do) then you'd have to pay a lot.

never underestimate him. :p

that'd be hard. :p but i get the point, and that goes far beyond sony's eyetoy. this is one hell of an idea to implement with games, getting into virtual reality. two thumbs up for MS.

7. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

i want paly CoD 7 with that

8. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

How would they implement it?

Think about it, yeah, sure you can walk in place and aim an imaginary gun to aim at whatever. But it'd be almost impossible to turn around, and if you did, then you'd be staring at whatever is behind you in real life and not be looking at the TV screen.

There's also the option of the having the controller with it too. Well, what's really the point of Natal? Why just just only use the controller?

Also it'd be A LOT harder to aim and be precise without anything in your hands and the Natal would have to guess where you're aiming. As opposed to the Wii, where the sensor senses where you're aiming, the Natal doesn't have that.

Unless it was peripheral based, that'd be... Okay.

I see the Natal as something to push out games like Wii Sports or the 'mini games' games on the Xbox.

9. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I think its just microsoft's answer to nintendo's buggy Wii cause Microsoft can do what Ninten"Dont"

10. mr.nintendo

mr.nintendo Well-Known Member

THEy Are all copying the wii microsoft makes natal and sony makes a magic wand they actually want to copy nintendo

11. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Looks like playing action-heavy games a few hours with it would probably make you tired...
    (Did a presentation on this today :) )

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i can imagine you would look pretty stupid for people who doesnt know what you are doing.....

13. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

Microsoft aren't really copying the Wii...
    SONY is copying the Wii but thats a different topic.

Quite frankly prject natal is probably gonna be one of those "sounds really cool but actually sucks" kinda things, 3d movies jump to mind...

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

3D movies work well, especially with polarized lenses. That's why the 3D thing is kicking off again and spreading to video games. I say again because it was big in the 50s and 60s, a lot of movies had 3D.

I can't see Natal being used in most games and most genres. It'll probably be a bunch of mini game compilations similar to Wii Sports and a few fancy 'if you have Natal you can do this useless thing' in a few games (like recreate your face or an object).

15. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Nintendo copied Sega (I believe, may have been another game company, look it up.) and a flight tool.

Nintendo's consoles have been absolutely terrible after the N64, the Wii isn't even a current gen console, it's laughable.

And if there were to be a shooting game there'd have to be some sort of circular room or something for the 360 degrees turning, but then there's the dilemma of moving backwards and forwards; don't expect Natal to do this.