1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 128 website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big_jake_420, Feb 21, 2008.

1. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

Theres a New version out. Get it at my website

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I have warned you many times not to double post. Stop it, NOW.

3. big_jake_420

4. jacoblam365

jacoblam365 Well-Known Member

Ok. Don't ask me how, but I randomly came across this thread in another forum.

http://www.youngcoders.com/showthread.php?p=139003

posted on feb this year, big_jake is asking for help how to code GUI and he's reading C++ for dummies.

Not that anyone think he is making any sense about his project from the beginning. but when i came across this, i just laughed.

PS: At least it shows that he's trying. Just that a little too far a goal.

5. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

If you're JUST LEARNING C++ then maybe you should start small... Coding an emulator takes a LOT of skill and work, even with a team. I suggest you put this project on hold and study programming.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yes that's a good idea, maybe just code the menus and such but you're gonna need much more experience if you want to continue with your project.

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I thought that may have been the case lol, was a nice idea for a project but way too ambitious.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No way in hell is anyone who is reading 'C++ for dummies' going to make an emulator. Emulators are several levels above 'advanced' and 'for dummies' books are aimed at absolute beginners. I started my programming with 'QBASIC for dummies'. This is the sort of book you'd be reading to take on an emulator: http://www.amazon.co.uk/C-Action-Industrial-strength-Programming-Techniques/dp/0201699486/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1207035828&sr=11-1
    and you have to know C++ like the back of your hand first.

9. big_jake_420

Ive started another version. Ive added the click when you rollover a channel, animated channels and some other stuff. It wont be too long until the next release...

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hmm, looks like the Gamecube Dolphin emulator is going to support Wii games, very early to try, but it does manage to play some of the intro videos of some Wii games.