1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Project 128 website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by big_jake_420, Feb 21, 2008.

1. big_jake_420

big_jake_420 Well-Known Member

its going to be GUI for the first few release then im going to emulate it. but now yall must go to the downloads page to get it

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

The GUI itself has to be emulated as well.

3. big_jake_420

my new version will have the Menu of the real Wii

4. Born2killx

If it were the real Wii, then there would be no need to manually make all the transitions. It would be emulated, which means that it is an exact copy. Not a look-alike.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

There wouldnt even be a need to make the menus, or indeed anything. It would simply execute the instructions in the wii BIOS on an emulated CPU.

6. Born2killx

By the way, the Wii Shop channel's borders are white while all the others are black.

7. big_jake_420

Does anyone wanna be a tester for the new version? send me a message.

8. big_jake_420

ill have a new version out by this weekend...if anyone would like to be a tester then e-mail me

9. Born2killx

Please do not double post. You have been warned several times.

10. big_jake_420

how can i emulate the bios because they havent even been dumped yet without an encryption? but as soon as i get ahold of some non-encrypted bios i will emulate them. well with the project i have made some changes like not playing the menu sound all the time. i have added the Forecast, News, and everybody votes Channels. i have add sound to the channels. i have changed it so when you click on the wii settings button it goes to a settings page instead of the website. the menus are more like the wii's. this time i have the menu bar on all the pages. if anyone has there wii pluged up to there computer via Video input will they send me a short video of more of the screens of the wii. that will get me further in the project alot quicker. i could get the whole GUI emulated in less then a month. also if anyone could get me any GIF images of any of the Channels or the menu please e-mail me.

Peace

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

you don't emulate the BIOS, that is the whole point, you emulate the CPU instruction codes then run the bios on the emulated CPU. You need the CPU emulation first.

12. big_jake_420

ive started emulating a CPU (thats why i didnt have a release for a very long time) but they are not anywhere near completion

13. Patton

Patton Guest

What is that, I hear?

Bullshit?

14. big_jake_420

i didnt say that i wrote it into this program but i have a seperate project with the CPU code

15. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Alright keep it nice girls, big jake, personally I can't wait to see if your efforts will give any positive results.

16. big_jake_420

i'll probably just release my new version tomorrow.......

17. Born2killx

Didn't you just say you couldn't work on it because you were in juvenile hall? You're starting to contradict yourself now. No offense, but I agree with "Miss" Patton.

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

^ i think ill tend to agree, im not sure he knows quite what hes got himself into....

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon, you'll get rid of some of the bugs and errors when you choose options. Hopefully you'll even get this working!

20. big_jake_420

I was in Juvie from December 10th to January 29th. but i started working on the project in August. Thats four months of working on it with no release.