1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and the Last Spector Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Source or proof?

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Hum.. 18th maybe right.

http://www.gamestop.com/ds/games/professor-layton-and-the-last-specter/91400

3. dakso

dakso Member

I have confirmation from people on twitter that they went to physical locations (stores including EBgames/gamestop) and there were tons of copies. So It is definitely available today.

4. Jonez001

Maybe some stores weren't reached today

5. Jhon 591

If some one was to buy it and dump it..., Taking a few HR to dump the game considering size mabe about 256MB, and compressing and uploading it i would consider it would take quite some time.

6. Jonez001

It is here already 8pm

7. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

rom is not yet to be seen, hopefully comes out soon

8. Jhon 591

It is hear ???

9. Jonez001

What I am trying to say, it is between 1pm and 2pm in usA

10. Jhon 591

I DL a bit of that torrent not all, chacked it with a hex-editor and is was a 100% fake!.

The text-sting in hex was all computer text, No P/L text at all.
    Post Merge: [time]1318875277[/time]
    O i see PM in the afternoon chear xd!.

11. iluvfupaburgers

yeah, i know, i already managed to download it and it didnt work at all, wasnt a virus either, i dont know what it was but it wasnt a rom

12. Jhon 591

I know is not a ROM, Just alot of jarble within the so called ROM xd.

More looks like a computer program within.

did not even end with FFs

13. Jonez001

It can be a fake rom, just renamed.

14. iluvfupaburgers

if it would have been a rom, it was kinda obvious it didnt end in FF's since size was as if it would have been a trimmed rom. but yeah, its not a rom

it wasnt even a renamed rom, it didnt run on desmume or r4cee

15. Jhon 591

Er nope not even that lol.

I can read a bit of NDS data and text-string

It is a PC program of some kined renames as .nds

16. Psi_Ground

Psi_Ground Well-Known Member

Some guy at GameFAQs has it

A friend also claims he saw it at Target today, but even if he was right, I don't have access to a car or the money to buy it.

17. dakso

dakso Member

From twitter:

alexalectric Alexa
    Go to GameStop, they don't have Professor Layton, I TOOK THE SUBWAY FOR THIS. It was streetdated! You should have it! ;_;

It does appear that some gamestops were not shipped to. Not surprising then that GS would change the release date on their website.

18. ds445

ds445 Member

So this is arguably currently the most-anticipated DS game launch, #1 bestseller at Amazon.com for DS games, and it's been on stores for half a day, but still no sign of a ROM - I'm new to the scene, but had imagined that things would go a lot faster than this...

Evidence is mounting that the game is already available in some stores at least, if not everywhere, so do we take this as evidence that there is massive AP that someone is feverishly working on getting around at the moment?

19. Jonez001

Like John said, it will be a big rom. That takes +/- 4 to 5 hours to dump AND to upload it can take some time too. Maybe it will be a 512 MB rom

20. dakso

dakso Member

It would be hard to say without really having a handle on how many stores are affected by this issue, and moreso without knowing if it is a particular chain that is affected, or instead an entire region.

I tweeted at GS for confirmation about some stores not having it, but I have yet to get a response, and may not get one at all.

So basically... who knows?