1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and the Last Spector Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dakso

dakso Member

If it has indeed been delayed to tomorrow as gamestop is currently showing, I'm just going to buy it when I go get batman tomorrow. :D

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I don't know. Maybe Europe will get the content in 3D, who knows

And this is one of the advantages of pirating xD, I can play it anyways :p

3. ds445

ds445 Member

Nope, just checked again - there is NO additional content of any sort in the European version.

So to compare (taken from Amazon.co.uk/.com):

US Version: Available now (or tomorrow, who knows) for $29.96 including Layton's London Life
    UK Version: Available from November 25th for $44.03 (converted at today's rate) with NO extra content

It's shit like this, Nintendo...

4. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Wow that sucks you pay more for less :eek:

Lucky flashcards can play both version!.

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I thought London Life was gonna be some small, stupid little addon, but damn, A WHOLE RPG?!?!

Whoever thought it was a good idea to rip it out of the UK release should be shot. God, that's more work than just taking the US cartridge, scratching off the S and putting in a K, and shipping it out there.

6. Jonez001

It is unfair. Level 5 will get a lot of hate mail for this

7. Jhon 591

I wonder about the size of the ROM ones out...

The fake find was 245MB in size - this would be under size anyway as a clean dump would be an even 256MB

More like the real dump will be between 128MB to 256MB

8. Jonez001

I found the reason why there isn't any RPG in the Europe version: the translation costs are way too high. That makes sense because they need to translate it into Dutch, Spaninsh, German, Italian and UK english

EDIT : Oh yeah, I forget French

9. Jhon 591

My own contry is a real cheap skate ;D

10. Jonez001

Many imports will happen.

11. ds445

ds445 Member

@Jonez001 - I'm willing to accept that, but in that case they should at least have provided the US version of Layton's London Life as part of the UK version (and possibly also for the other European versions). It is called Layton's London Life, after all, so how could it not be in UK English?

I'm sure everyone would have preferred to put up with the very minor differences between US and UK English rather than have this huge part of the game left out completely... and if they do decide to leave it out, charging a whopping 47% (!!) premium for the European version over the US version just isn't okay.

On a different note, been watching Twitter all day and still no sign of anyone who's definitely managed to buy the game in the US so far - I would guess we are really dealing with a delay here, especially as several people have mentioned the game apparently not being available until tomorrow.

12. insanecrazy07

Or just say screw you, we only have it in English.

They should have made separate releases for the translations, much like Pokemon does where they have the (U), (E), (ES), (F), (I), (G) versions, and then just rip out this specific part of the game for those regions not in English.

Why rip out something that is 99.9% translated, except for a few localization words?

And if all of the languages are packed into one cartridge, have all of the options available for the main part of the game, but only have English for the RPG section.

13. Jhon 591

Maybe someone on the inside could acadenly brop a box ops lol.

Even though they are not in shops they are in a where house ready.

14. insanecrazy07

What?

All your base are belong to us.

15. Jhon 591

Don't take me on.

I mean the games are already in the shops ready to be unpacked for maybe tommoro, Shame no one has took advantage to get every one an early dump/ROM

Anyway no swet it will be our sooner are later anyways.

16. insanecrazy07

That's usually how we get early releases. They might not even be shipped yet. Who knows.

17. N3o3k7

N3o3k7 Well-Known Member

Its annoying that this happens, but from what i understand to release a game in Europe, they have to convert the game into a certain amount of languages, (like German, Spanish, Italian), apparently this is some government law, so even though in the UK we could just get the same as USA, because of this stupid law it has to be translated into other languages.

So instead of Level 5 spending however much time translating the whole of London life into another 5/6 languages, they have taken London life out the European copy, and are working on translating the 3DS game so we don't have to wait even longer for that to be translated into every other language.

18. insanecrazy07

No wonder their release dates are usually-to-always a year after everyone else.

19. bros123

bros123 New Member

So you guys don't think it will be here today??

20. drteletubbie

drteletubbie Well-Known Member

Nah, I don't think so =/ Although, hopefully within this week!