1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton and the Last Spector Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by athemoe, Oct 14, 2011.

1. LaMBz_Maxim

LaMBz_Maxim Active Member

Dang !
    How many period does it usually take for a real rom to be release after the actually game is release?

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

The story is one of the best in the gaming world. At least what I have played

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If good game 1/2 days normaly

Anyone liveing in USA please go out and buy a copy and dump vr wifi for us all ? ;) , XD!

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

It's +- 8.30 am in America.

That means some copies have been sold already.

I hope someone is dumping it via wifi at this very moment!

5. Jonez001

I think the people who dump XXXX games are students and those are now at school so :/

6. Jhon 591

In the UK this is normal the time when games get added to the scenes, maybe as they are waking up and on the move ...

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I betcha it's gonna have some nasty ass anti-piracy on it.

I can't wait though.

8. ds445

ds445 Member

Did the last games have any sort of anti-piracy on them? I remember playing Unwound Future the day it came out in the US, and it worked just fine, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, if Nintendo could just release it in Europe the same day as in the US - and without removing the whole Layton's London Life subgame but still charging the full price! - I would already have run to the store and bought it...

9. Jonez001

No, it was done by Venom. They didn't release a clean rom

10. athemoe

Unwound Future had AP but it was precracked iirc.
    Or import it.
    It's kind of weird since it's London life and London lies in the England.
    :'(

11. Jhon 591

Peace of cake if :p

Unless like kirby was :(

12. Jonez001

Wasn't Layton an English professor?

13. athemoe

Always remember that if people were able to create some AP, other people are able to remove them.
    Yes, captain obvious ;)

14. ds445

ds445 Member

FYI, the Gamestop US website lists the release date as October 18th (tomorrow), while on the Amazon US page for the game there is a discussion on how the game does not yet seem to be available anywhere, Walmart shows it as being "out of stock" and I haven't found a single tweet from anyone claiming to have picked up the game yet, so I suppose we might have to wait a little longer... :(

15. Jonez001

*_* You mean we have a delay on our hands?

16. ds445

ds445 Member

I honestly don't know, but it certainly doesn't sound encouraging... I suppose we'll just have to wait a couple of hours to hear from more people as the US wakes up on this Monday morning

17. Jonez001

Akane, I think there is a little typo in the thread name. According to google is it: Specter and not Spector.

(Yup, my spelling can be bad too)

18. bros123

bros123 New Member

Hi Guys!
    Just found this thread on Google and joined up.Can't wait to play this game!

19. Jonez001

UNFAIR (I live in EUROPE):

Professor Layton and the Last Specter will be releasing on October 17, and will also include the bonus Professor Layton’s London Life RPG as a North American exclusive. The bonus game was also available for the Japanese release of Last Specter, but you had to beat the game in order to unlock it.

I found sites which say that it is released today, others say that it is tomorrow

20. ds445

ds445 Member

welcome to the wait, bros123... I was pretty optimistic about getting to play the game today, but the recent posts on potential anti-piracy that needs to be dealt with first and the fact that it seems the game possibly isn't even available as of today have made me a lot more pessimistic about the odds of that happening.
    Post Merge: [time]1318865582[/time]
    Jonez001, it's stuff like this that makes me pretty mad at Nintendo - why would you leave out HALF THE GAME (and, in fact, in terms of play time, potentially a lot more than that, as it will take anywhere from 10-15 hours to beat the actual game, while according to Nintendo Layton's London Life is set for up to 100 hours of gameplay!) and on top of that release the game a month later?

Does anybody have any ideas concerning the rationale behind this move?