1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Professor Layton 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by NintendoLover64, Aug 12, 2009.

1. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

I'm downloading it now,
    Gosh I'm really excited !!! Can't wait Can't waittt >__<~

2. darky000

darky000 Well-Known Member

Tried it in No$gba, Professor Layton and his buddy's faces seemed to be stretched and a part of their faces are blacked out.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

try no$gba addons,no$zoomer.. :)

4. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

Looks perfect on my DS, staring the opening menu right now. The theme song is so sweet :D

5. darky000

You are making me jealous! I've got to learn how to save money. This is what I get for buying food everyday.

I am using no$zoomer too. Forgot to mention that on my first post.

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Yay, I'm downloading it too. >_< This is one biggie game huh? I can't wait to play this. :D

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I'm downloading it right now.Can't wait to play it.

8. riksa90

riksa90 Well-Known Member

It's awesome this far. The overall look is a bit improved, character desings are great, soundtrack is good, voice actiog and animations are simply spectacular. This far it has been pretty easy, but now I'm stuck for first time. It's a 'save the princess', or as it seems those are named in this game 'Clear the Rubbish', the big red block being some metallic waste, and the exist area is a trash can :D

It not necessary to solve it to progress, but I want to solve it anyways :D

9. kazzar

kazzar Member

Yay! the rom is finally here. i am form the uk an i can't wait another month for the eu rom. now all that's left to get is scribblenauts and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. ;D

10. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

The game is really AWESOME !!!!! AW MAN ! I'm not regretting for waitin the game!!
    ARGH~
    The Song theme is nice,
    OH, and what's new here?? At the first game you got the robotic dog in your trunk, and in this game, You will gettttt,,, A HAMSTER!!!!
    It's really fat,,really fat, all you have to do is make it exercise,though i don't know how to make it complete the mini-games :(
    aaaahh,,,*playin playin ~~~ <3

11. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

It seems only we are playing it koyuchan,have fun.

12. kamuikurou

You sure love hamsters, koyuchan. :)

Anyway, I'm at 92%... >_< Why does it took so long to play this pure awesomeness.

Are the puzzles more exciting than the first one?

13. jadster 1996

IMO yes since the new puzzles have been improved(the same goes for the story)

14. darky000

After I was reading this thread I just suddenly said to myself, "The puzzle master who created these puzzle is a real genius to create a fun, mind-boggling, and it even relates to our everyday doing, which make me feel familiar of the puzzle."

A truly amazing game!

15. jadster 1996

Well yes but personally the older game didn't catch my attention(even though I am in love with this game)

16. kamuikurou

Yay, I'm playing this now. The plot is very captivating even from the start, the musics, the movies, the backgrounds, the dubs, awesome. ^^

Has anyone noticed the game icon of this second game is Professor Layton with this face :) while in the first one his face is like :-| trivial stuff.

17. jadster 1996

he is happy because the game is better,so where are you now in the game?

18. kamuikurou

I'm just started playing, now I'm in puzzle #2. But I got it wrong on the first try, so no I'm restarting the game. ^^

19. jadster 1996

I just finished the first puzzle (lol)
    It is a bit harder than the first one.

20. kamuikurou

*SPOILER for PUZZLE SOLUTION*

Puzzle No. 22 - Taking Out The Trash - 45 Picarats

Put that garbage into the trash can where it belongs!
    [​IMG]

Step to step summary:
    1. Get one of the blue to the right corner.
    2. Dump one of the yellow to the can (bottom corner).
    3. Switch the garbage with another yellow.
    4. Switch the dumped yellow with the garbage. There, thrash-in-a-can!

(This will not give the least moves needed to solve the puzzles (29 moves), I'm too lazy for that. 'Rotate' means to slide the blocks around the 4x4 center with some trial and error so that it looks like the following pic.)

Step #1
    You should figure this out at first glance. First, you must get one of the blue block to fill in the rightmost side.

How?
    Do this by moving the bottom two blues to the trash can, then rotate and slide the yellows and the blues so that it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    There, that blue stays there forever. Period.

Step #2
    You'll need to have the yellow block to replace the garbage, but in order to do this, first you need to fit the other yellow block in the can.

How?
    Slide and rotate the blocks so that it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    You should remember this position as we'll use often to solve the puzzle. Slide the bottom blue to the left then dump the yellow.

Step #3
    Now you can fit the other yellow to the uppermost corner to replace the garbage.

How?
    Slide the pieces a bit like this:

[​IMG]
    Does that position look familiar? Yes, now we need to have that 2-2/4-4 but with the yellow facing the upper corner. Go sliding!

This is a bit tricky, but not much. First get into this position:

[​IMG]
    Now you can slide the two blues to the upper right center then rotate the blocks so it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    There, get out the blue and stuff the yellow in the uppermost corner. Let it rest there for infinity.

Step #4
    Then, you can get the bottom yellow out and switch it with the garbage with the same way.

How?
    Rotate and slide the blocks until it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    Similar to the previous switch, dump the bottom blue, then slide and rotate until:

[​IMG]
    You should know the drill by now. Slide the blues to the bottom center, then rotate the blocks and...:

[​IMG]
    There, take out the blue and give a good last shove to the garbage into the can.

[​IMG]
    kamui, Layton's apprentice had saved your day!