1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problems with my R4 Revolution for DS (NSDL/NDS) cart

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Charmedones_Prue, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Hey,,

I've tried everything.. but i just can't get my R4 Revolution for DS (NSDL/NDS) cart to work.

Can anyone tell me which firmware i need to install?

Every firmware i try, just keeps loading of says thing's like couldn't find menu.dat
    I really don't know why it keeps saying this because everything is on the cart!

Please help,, with some links of something!

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

What console and what's it's firmware?
    What are the firmwares that you'd tried? List them.
    Where did you get the files from? Site names.
    Was the cart working prior to your messing up?

I'm guessing you'd added wrong firmware, files not meant
    to use on your cart. Also I think you're trying to make that
    cart which is only for NDS/NDSL to work on DSi or 3DS?
    If yes, then let me tell you that cart isn't for DSi/3DS.

And please don't make demands. It's not polite. Also be
    informative. You've not given enough information for
    us to try figure out what you did wrong, thus makes us
    difficult to give troubleshooters/suggestions.

3. I have a nintendo ds lite.

I've tried:
    Moonshell 1.71 for R4
    R4 DS V1.18 Kernel
    Wood_R4_v1.31.rar and R4_v1.18_English.zip
    Wood R4 V1.56

I can't post the external links! but i send you a personal message with the links

It was working before,,, i bought it form someone, and at first it worked but then i kinda did some stuff,, and it stoped working.
    Just yesterday i remembered I still had it and wanted to fix it,,,
    it's now i think a 2 or 3 years after i bought it.

4. Prectorian

Can you confirm if your cart is one that cannot run SDHC MICRO cards (limited to running 1Gb or 2Gb SD Micro) or one that can run SDHC MICRO cards (any SD Micro above 4Gb) ? Which one?

Now, if your cartridge is the 'R4 Revolution for NDS/NDSL' that can only run 1Gb or 2Gb SD MICRO and not one that can run 4Gb or higher SDHC MICRO. Only then try download this file : http://www.mediafire.com/?ebxtg2jrrqx0jq9

Steps;
    1. Download package, and unpack it
    2. Back up your SD MICRO content to a folder in your PC
    3. FORMAT your SD MICRO
    4. Copy the entire content of the folder
    5. Load the cartridge on your NDSL, see if it run ok by now
    6. If it doesn't, then you probably had given me wrong information, thus return the backed
    up files back into the SD Micro, and delete all the files from the package that I linked.

Note:
    That file contains the latest YSMENU v.6.97 r6157 and WOOD R4 v.1.56, along with the original R4 v.1.18 firmware.

5. i have no idea?! where can i see that?? the micro sd that i used was 4gb .. so maybe?!

6. Prectorian

You're using an SDHC 4Gb SD Micro? Then, don't use that file I gave. It's only for non-SDHC SD MICRO R4 version.
    That means your R4 is either 'R4i SDHC Revolution for NDS/NDSL' or 'R4 SDHC Revolution for NDS/NDSL' or 'R4 Upgrade Revolution for NDS/NDSL'. Check again on the sticker of your cartridge. You might have forgotten to mention something.

Anyway, all those 3 versions of the R4 that I said, cannot run WOOD R4. And the links that you sent to me via PM are all for the non-SDHC version of the R4. So you had went to download from the wrong sites, and uses the wrong files.

Or.....maybe you do have an 'R4 Revolution for NDS/NDSL', but had use the wrong kind of SD MICRO. If you have the cart name in blue, then use 1GB or 2GB SD MICRO. Don't try running it on a SDHC card. Won't work! If your cart is exactly like the writing in blue, then go ahead and use the file package I gave. If your cart is one that is either of the 3 names in red. Don't use that file I gave. Get it?

I've to go offline. Already mid-night. I'm passing your issue to a friend (Jhon 591). Night.

7. i have 2 mirco sd carts:

4 gb sandisk class 2 (micro sd hc)
    64 mb micro sd

only the last one works, so i think that means that my R4 cart is limeted. But how will i know what the limete is?

1 GB or 2 GB SD MICRO?

8. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have an R4 Revolution for DS (NSDL/NDS)

And both woodr4 are ysmenu works fine .

Yes only a 2GB microSD chip works, and can only support upto 2GB max.

Any upto 2GB ^

9. Prectorian

If it ran on 64mb and not on 4gb. Then the max is 2gb. Bye...good night. Time for me to leave for tonight. Be back in 6 hours.

10. Thanks a lot guys ;) i'm really greatfull! Goodnight!

11. Jhon 591

12. Now i only need to buy a bigger cart so i can play games -_-'

Any suggestions for a good 2 GB micro SD cart that works 4 my R4 cart?

13. Jhon 591

Any will do upto 2GB , but also good brands like kingston / should not matter what brand.

As long as it don't say SDHC on the MicroSD chip, And non upto 2GB has it , only 4gb + has

Maybe a friend may have one to borrow , In old mobiles are somethink to format and use... ask about.

14. ElementalDuchess

ElementalDuchess New Member

Help my R4 chip will not register on my DS lite or start.
    Other chips register so it is not a problem with the DS what can I do to fix this???

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Does your R4 card have the latest kernel installed on the MicroSD?