1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Problem with booting windows 7 after laptop shut itself down due to overheating

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

I am in a buit of a WTF state, i was running ffox and VBA-RR when my laptop shut iself down, it has done so before but now what happens is that when i want to boot into windows i get a blue screen and then it resets, i get two options, start windows normally or do start repair (repracion de inicio) the latter is scanning for errors, the former leads to the blue screen

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Sounds like something important has gone and fucked up.
    Try and boot into safe mode. Here's a guide: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/start-computer-safe-mode

If you can boot in, good. If you can't, then something has gone really wrong.
    Keep scanning for errors though. If that doesn't work, try safe mode.

3. Duncan Idaho

the scan finished and repaired the errors, and it still is not fixed, i'll try safe mode after an other scan, odd how i cannot revert either as i recently updated avast! that should have created a log of sorts.

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Yah.
    Something's probably just gone wrong. Loony will probably be able to lend a hand, but he won't be on for another 7 or 8 hours.

5. Duncan Idaho

I am finally back in the laptop, in normal mode, after the second scan i was able to log in, my current theory is that i had a lot of mistakes accumulated, i was also able to fix the fan problem... so far, i removed a number of shortcuts from the desktop screen, shot down K-Meleon annoying quirk of using memory to boot up faster ( I use K-melon for anime, given that i have migrated from chrome to firefox i might wipe K-melon and run Chrome for animes) and that the error came to be due to what game was being emulated, fire emblem 7 i guess the shut down was due to the VBA emulator writing to hard drive the .sav.