1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Press CTRL+V

Discussion in 'Forum Games, Jokes & Random' started by fuselight, May 20, 2009.

1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Doomsday event
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

A doomsday event is a specific occurrence which has an exceptionally destructive effect on the human race.[1] The final outcomes of doomsday events may range from a major disruption of human civilization, to the extinction of human life, to the destruction of the planet Earth, to the annihilation of the entire universe.

A 2006 poll by SciFi.com revealed that virtually all Americans believed that some sort of doomsday scenario could realistically impact the human race, and that many feel that such a scenario is likely to be man-made.[2]
    Contents
    [hide]

* 1 Scenarios
    o 1.1 Natural occurrences
    o 1.2 Man-made events
    o 1.3 Supernatural events
    o 1.4 Others
    * 2 Precautions
    * 3 See also
    * 4 Notes
    * 5 External links

[edit] Scenarios

Doomsday events may include, but are not limited to:

[edit] Natural occurrences
    Artist impression of what might have caused the Chicxulub crater.

These include:

* A global pandemic.[3]
    * A geological event such as massive flood basalt, volcanism, or the eruption of a supervolcano [4] . One such event, the Toba Eruption [5] , occurred in Indonesia about 71,500 years ago. According to the Toba catastrophe theory [6], the event may have reduced human populations to only a few tens of thousands of individuals. Yellowstone Caldera is another such supervolcano, having undergone 142 or more caldera-forming eruptions in the past 17 million years.[7]
    * A gamma ray burst or other devastating blast of cosmic radiation.[8] One especially deadly hypothesized source is a hypernova [9] , produced when a hypergiant star explodes and then collapses, sending vast amounts of radiation sweeping across hundreds or even thousands of lightyears of space. Hypernovas have never been observed; however, a hypernova may have been the cause of the Ordovician-Silurian extinction events. The nearest hypergiant is thought to be Eta Carinae, approximately 8,000 light-years distant.
    * An abrupt reorientation of Earth's axis of rotation.[10]
    * A drastic increase or decrease in the Sun's power output.
    * An impact event caused by the collision of a large meteoroid, asteroid, or comet with Earth. A common theory postulates that the extinction of the dinosaurs occurred approximately 65 million years ago as a result of the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event when a large asteroid struck the earth, producing atmospheric dust which blocked solar energy and caused a significant lowering of temperatures worldwide. Evidence for this theory includes a sedimentary layer of iridium in the geological record and a large crater in the area of Chicxulub, Mexico. The Tunguska event (1908) was on a much smaller scale.
    * A sudden change in the physical constants governing the universe, such as that created by a vacuum metastability event.[11]
    * A close approach of a black hole to the solar system.[12]
    * An exceptionally devastating hypercane. [13]
    * The solar system passing through a cosmic dust cloud. [14]
    * A universal Big Rip or Big Crunch. [15]
    * Severe climate change.

[edit] Man-made events
    In War of the Worlds, Aliens (specifically Martians) attempt a genocide of the human species.

These include:

* The creation of a black hole on or close to Earth.[16]; see for instance the discussion of safety of particle collisions at the Large Hadron Collider
    * Depletion of oil or other important natural resources, assuming that alternatives are not found.
    * Strangelet accident.
    * A nuclear, chemical, or biological war.
    * A cybernetic revolt.
    * A grey goo inundation.
    * Severe anthropogenic global warming.

[edit] Supernatural events

These include:

* An act of divine retribution or the Last Judgment. Many religions include beliefs pertaining to the end of time.
    * The Norsemen believed that the world would end in a tremendous battle of the gods known as Ragnarok.
    * In the Christian Bible, the Book of Revelation describes Armageddon or known as Judgment Day, a final battle between the forces of God and the forces of Satan. Similar passages of the end times can be found in other faiths in regards of "gods" and his "nemesis" in a final battle.
    * In Hindu mythology, it is believed the Lord Vishnu will assume his tenth incarnation called Kalki Avatar to destroy the demon Kali and rescue the pure at heart before the world is destroyed.
    * According to Strabo, the druids, priests of the Celts, believed that while the universe itself was indestructible, "both fire and water will at some time or other prevail over them" [1]
    * Some people who have New Age or apocalytic beliefs interpret the end of the current Mesoamerican Long Count calendar cycle as a sign that a doomsday event will occur sometime around the 2012 winter solstice.
    * Zombie apocalypse.

[edit] Others

* An Alien Invasion.

[edit] Precautions

Some precautions that people are already taking for this event include:

* The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is a vault buried 400 feet inside a mountain in the Arctic with over ten tonnes of seeds from all over the world. 100 million seeds from more than 100 countries were placed inside as a precaution to preserve all the world’s crops. A prepared box of rice originating from 104 countries was the first to be deposited in the vault, where it will be kept at minus 18C (minus 0.4F). Thousands more plant species will be added as organizers in attempt to get specimens of every agricultural plant in the world. Cary Fowler, executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust said that by preserving as many varieties as possible, the options open to farmers, scientists and governments were maximised. “The opening of the seed vault marks a historic turning point in safeguarding the world’s crop diversity,” he said. Even in conditions of global warming, where the permafrost starts to melt, the seeds will be safe for up to 200 years. Some of the seeds will even be viable for a millennium or more, including barley, which can last 2,000 years, wheat 1,700 years, and sorghum almost 20,000 years. [17]

* The Lifeboat Foundation has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for numerous projects to prevent disasters such as asteroids, grey goo, and so forth.

2. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

bumpidy bump

Express your love 4 times a day
    Laugh 8 times
    Kiss me 6 times
    It's the only password to my heart
    No one else can know it... Read More
    So only you can have me
    You're my secret boy,boy,boy

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

SeanieG123: So the other day i was hangin out with some friends and i told them about this dream i had.
    SeanieG123: It was a weird dream, and they all agreed and told me there was something wrong with me.
    SeanieG123: Anyway, so then my black friend, brandyn, looks at me funny.
    SeanieG123: So jokingly, I say to him, "what's wrong? don't you dream when you sleep?"
    SeanieG123: He looks at me dead in the eye and says, "hell naw! last nigga who had a dream got shot!"

4. rush n kaos

rush n kaos Well-Known Member

[macro]
    1: choose, download a game
    2: it will be either a RAR file or a 7Z file. unzip using WinRAR, 7-ZIP, or similar program
    3: take the .NDS file and stick it into your card, preferably in a separate folder to prevent clutter, if you use DS emulators/homebrew
    4: play, repeat from step 1 as necessary

any problems with games not working (not for games not showing up), check here: Common Issues
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0
    [/macro]

hahah...

5. shox3

shox3 Member

wii-reloaded.ath.cx

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

... never knew I still had that on -.-

Made that pretty fast.

7. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc41/davisgal1/pokemon/Porygon-Z.png

8. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

The cosplay picture is stupid,Lol

[​IMG]

9. Blade5406

he's gone bald, haha

the avatar gone squirtle

10. forte_amirul

yet this one too

[​IMG]

11. Blade5406

Mine's based on Porygon-z

12. forte_amirul

I found alot that is funny

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. funnydragon

funnydragon New Member

47B71717D663C37ED6B7

xD

14. Blade5406

"ea :shrug:"

Details
    10/16/09

15. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Whats the other code to copy?

16. johncarl

johncarl Well-Known Member

YEAH! Press CTRL+V! If you copied something so then Paste it! (NOTE: Don't press CTRL+V if you have seen this thread and copied something for this thread only! Press when you have something from earlier and you saw this topic somehow!)

Please Don't post an outside link to the other forum plz! Testing

17. yoshi2889

18. asdzxc123789

asdzxc123789 Well-Known Member

SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    YOU JUST SUCK ASSHOLE!
    SLIPKNOT ROCKS!

response to a comment "lol tokio hotel rip off " on youtube.

19. yoshi2889

TUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUUTUTUTUTUTUUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTUTU ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF-w0FW5hbA&feature=related )

20. NekoHennuli

NekoHennuli Well-Known Member

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs50/f/2009/288/2/b/I__m_the_Queen__so_obey_me_by_NekoHennuli.png