1. This forum is in read-only mode.

President Obama - The right choice?

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

No one.

Not even you.

2. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

aww... but, i, um,

awww...

*i would vote for me

3. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

We don't know if he's the right choice or not. He still has to prove himself by solving crisis after crisis. It's not like he can magically solve them all in one snap. We just have to wait and see if he can handle the crises well.

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Somewhat like what I said... I think he just promised too much to be done in such a short time

5. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

i havent read the other posts, but heres what i think:
    you might want obama to be president if your 18 and younger, but after school has ended, you're on ur own... obama supports the schools, and raises the taxes fror the older ones, so you're pretty much in hell after high school or college, well thats what i heard anyways, i hear it, processed it, and came up with my own thoughts, sorry if its wrong....

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

If i stated that Obama is an idealist rather than a realist, would that be more acceptable?

7. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

thats one way to put it....

8. err

err Well-Known Member

Yea, I believe Obama was a better choice, but no president has or ever will be perfect or will they be supported %100 by the people. It's because there's always somebody who doesn't like the way things are going (too fast, or too slow). No president will ever amaze the people by magically making the economy better, because it can't be done. But no president should ever be looked down upon (maybe Bush) because it's not an easy task.

9. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

Obama is disappointing me.

Granted, I am quite young, and quite liberal, but I expected more out of our first African American president.

But he can't deliver anywhere, if this health care bill passes without a public option in it, I'll have lost all faith in Obama.

10. redoperator

hahaha vote for an asian, his mathamatical genius will set the world straight (not sexually btw) and calm relations down with Kim jon ill (imo)

11. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is no calming Kim. He's an insane man.

We can only hope that his son is not as insane once Kim finally dies.

12. redoperator

lol, he tried to go to DISNEY LAND!!!... thats spells insanity in my book

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Nikita Khrouchtchev tried to go into Disney land in his visit to America. He wasn't really insane.

14. Caturdayz

Caturdayz Active Member

Disney Land is boss

15. aznpyromaniac406

aznpyromaniac406 Active Member

All his policies are easier said than done and as ambitious as Obama appears to be there are a lot of policies that he still needs to sort out. The new health care plan will have a public option according to the his recent speech to the Congress on his healthcare policy. No matter, you have to understand that whatever Obama wants still needs to pass Congress and that bills have to undergo an exhaustive research and development before it even reaches Congress. So don't give up on Obama; he is trying his best.

16. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I just recently had known, that even if the democrats are the majority in the senate and congress, they still turn down some of Obama's plans...

but republicans, whatever they do, they have trouble passing any bills because they are the minority...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.