1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Powerful Quake hits Japan

Discussion in 'General News' started by Stanley Richards, Mar 11, 2011.

1. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

Heard about it on the news.... thing is hard to watch.... makes you wonder wth is going on with the world...

2. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Even a small tsunami could wipe out Singapore, seeing how it's so damn tiny.

3. Conrannex

Conrannex Guest

This just keeps getting worse. :/

4. treec_cynda

treec_cynda Guest

ALASKA - A tsunami warning was issued for the Aleutian Islands and an advisory for the rest of the southern coast.

JAPAN - The day after the tsunami, two Game Freak employees were affected but not hurt, says Bulbanews. One (Midori Harada) was in (apparently) a Sendai department store that was untouched by the tsunami but no one was allowed to leave. The second (Ken Sugimori) was stuck at an Okinawa airport.

5. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

The pokemon games are safe at least

I have family in Hawaii, haven't heard from them yet, but I hope they are alright

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Heard on the radio that it was a 9.1, it ripped a hole in the earth 150 miles long and 50 miles wide, there was another one, about 6.3? just a while ago, and hundreds are suspected to be dead.

It's the fifth most powerful earthquake in history too.

Also, there are some nuclear reactors that could have a meltdown like 3 Mile Island did.

7. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

That's good and all I would more be relieved if none/few people died.... and also saying that kind of news is VERY INAPPROPRIATE....

8. Stanley Richards

Of COURSE it's very appropriate. If the staff are dead, who's gonna continue milking the franchise?

9. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Ive just seen on the news they are evacuating everybody within 10 kms of the nuclear power station.

10. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Be prepared-buy an Umbrella.

11. Tanuken

Tanuken Well-Known Member

I don't think the black cat was swept away. The Maneki Neko must have protected it. There was a video about the Brazilian Floods showing a little dog getting swept away. :'(

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

They shut down automatically if an earthquake over a certain magnitude occurs, so that shouldn't happen.

13. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Actually that nuclear electric reactor plant blew up 2-3 hours ago of over heating and the reactor next to it could be next. And the radiation level around it is already 30x the normal level. And our fellow romulation member, Coolkill3r (CK3); is among those who had to evacuate because his home was struck by the earthquack and tsunami. And according to my brother who lives there, since that large 8.9 earthquack, the tremors had not seized measuring as high as 6.6 to 7.4. In fact according to the experts there, there is possibilities that the quack epicentre is moving southward towards Tokyo bay.

14. Tanuken

Sinking of Japan.

15. Stanley Richards

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, Damn, that sucks.

16. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Its not going to sink, but it (Japan) moved 2.4 m from its original location, to the direction of Korea/China.

17. Tanuken

But it reminds me of that certain film.

18. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

tokyo magnitude 8.0
    its like in the anime

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Damn that Flying Spaghetti monster playing with the Disasters options in his SIMCity game :p

20. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

here's an interesting thing I found on MSN news, it shows how the quake and tsunami changed the landscape with satellite images
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42052263/ns/technology_and_science-space