1. This forum is in read-only mode.

post a screenshot of your desktop/background

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by -a55-, Sep 15, 2008.

1. XtremeBlade

XtremeBlade Well-Known Member

I tidied it up for you guys.
    [​IMG]

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BtProx is a program that automatically locks your computer if your Bluetooth-enabled device leaves the range of the computer, in this case, my cell phone. Sometimes it still locks my computer because it didn't pair with my cell phone in time. But it adds an extra layer of security to my laptop.

Born2killx's uber-1337 laptop security:
    1) BIOS password (8 characters alphanumeric)
    2) Full disk encryption with TrueCrypt (37 characters alphanumeric with capital letters and various characters)
    2.1) The encryption password is prompted by a message "Missing Operating System"; there is no visible proof that it is a concealed password prompt; nothing shows up when you type; therefore, it appears to be a normal error message to any other uninformed person
    3) Windows password (24 characters alphabetical)
    3.1) Bluetooth proximity lock with BtProx (regular "Windows key + L" lock)

Call me paranoid, but I can brag about it to my peers. ;D

3. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

yes you a very very paranoid, i only use one maby two paswords for everything

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I have a fingerprint reader on one of my laptops.

5. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Are they security password for your computer access? I use none....
    maybe, just maybe your doing too much

6. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I don't use too many protection to get in but if people get it wrong after a few times then it tells them to feck off

7. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

background image taken at my 1400x1050 resolution and scaled down to 800x600 for filesize
    my newest work. made a custom theme, lots of changes with tweak ui and just general crisping up.
    my documents was moved over so the start menu could be smaller.
    messenger 8.1 messed, runing stuffplug3 and kiwee with toolbar disabled in firefox to avoid it being invasive. kept it hidden for privacy but in the messenger, the people's pictures pop up not only in message windows but also in the list of people online/offline.
    [​IMG]

fingerprint readers can or used to be able to bypass easily because the fingerprint is left on the scanner after removing finger.

and the other guy will probably forget a password and have his laptop lock out or shred the HDD after just so many incorrects.

do any laptops offer removable HDD's? simply pull it and take with. most easily removed but normally not recommended.

firefox with all its goodies opened. +roboform password thing
    [​IMG]

my woman has a thing for purple. son has a thing for black, post with his stuff coming up soon.
    ~~~~~~~~
    i have the same border around windows, his is red mine is purple. his start menu is the same but my music and my pictures are where on mine my documents is. his msn is showing as i described before. he uses 1024x768. firefox is same, black and no extra's like mine has. both firefoxes run netflix instant play through ie tab. computer completely uses firefox with mods to make messenger open firefox instead of IE and firefox modded to use hotmail for mailto: links.
    [​IMG]

8. jazzasidari

jazzasidari Well-Known Member

How did you get that skull button on your taskbar

9. 4927

4927 New Member

[​IMG]

this is mine.

10. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

i love seeing these clean desktops, is there a good performance difference when it is cleaned up? i always noticed one.

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

...No. But it may take a bit longer to display your desktop because of the increased number of icons.

12. Shuvo01

Shuvo01 Well-Known Member

Here's my desktop at the moment on a 15" monitor.My 732 NWX is screwed! :-[ :-[
    [​IMG]

13. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

on slower systems it makes a shit load of difference, it also makes a difference on start up too

14. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

:D i thought so, i hate seeing pc's "normally companies" filled with default windows garbage and having the menu next to clock filled with useless running crap.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

number of desktop icons makes little noticable difference to speed. Programs running in the system tray will be using resources, which will have an effect, and additionally storing large files on the desktop will have an effect on boot (actually logon) speed.

16. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

whats with all the programs starting on start up, it drives me crazy.

if i had a £ for every computer I've gone to fix because its crawled to a stop and all it needs is a good out look at msconfig and the desktop cleaning (plus removing norton from it, every piece of shit pc has norton installed) i'd be allot better off (i should really charge them for it though)

17. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

its a custom alien ware them that you only get if you buy there pcs, i never actually owned a alien ware pc, the way i know this is because i was looking in to one before and got some info on it. and its not a skull its a alien head (of the "Grey" variety)

18. fallenleader

fallenleader Guest

found the file required, or the program needed to add the little icon?

19. 4927

4927 New Member

[​IMG]

Just installed windows seven RC so this my desktop at the minute

20. -a55-

-a55- Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    yeah this time i included my rocketdock.