1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Possiblilty for a PS4

Discussion in 'Sony' started by randalx2, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. randalx2

randalx2 Member

Well I dont want to have a PS4 anymore. First, the Ps3's graphics is almost real and games using the highest graphics takes long too develop. Example are Final Fantasy 13 and Resident Evil which takes 3-5 years to finish. If there would be a PS4, what would be the difference on the graphics? There's already wi-fi and network features on Ps3. Yes technology advances, but I wish PS3 is the last. Maybe they could just make some add-ons on PS3 and some remodeling(slim PS3).

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

fat chance. The PC graphics card that is equivalent to the PS3 graphics chip (Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX) is already out of date.

3. xHaiTeKx

xHaiTeKx Well-Known Member

Are you sure?...I swear people were asking those same questions when the PS2/XBOX came out...

And a PS4? GOD FORBID.

-TeK

4. Supasly

Supasly Guest

I'd rather die than see a PS4...

5. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

It'll happen. There will be next generation consoles and people will buy them. They can always improve graphics and power, at least for the time being. And in my opinion they will. A PS4? It might not be called that, but if Sony is still around there will be something from them, I'm sure.

6. 01427

01427 Well-Known Member

If the PS4 comes out, would the PS2's price decrease too. I haven't got a PS2, so I'll get one first before getting the PS3 or PS4 if possible.

7. Andrew 1

Andrew 1 Member

Well what about a console that doesnt need the internet and/or a pc to go online? Like a console that can goonline right out of the box? or a console with no wires, that might not be battery powered as well?who knows it might be possible...
    cave men wouldn't have thought about games consoles!

8. Loonylion

indeed, I already have a wireless console that doesn't need a home internet connection to go online

...it's called a laptop...

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

according to the official playstation magazine, sony already knows how the ps6will be... so i am expecting a ps4 big time... and a slim ps3 wouldn't be a bad idea... the current ps3 weights 5kg!!!...

10. ultra

ultra Guest

the ps2 graphics were like a geforce 3 [probably the ti 500] or 4 [probably 4200]. but i do know that the xbox had an equivalent of like a geforce 4 ti 4400-4600. ps2 games are able to run dx 9c games and g3 and g4 are able to run dx 9c games too some extent with some mods.

anyway, it is more then likely that there will be a ps4 and more from sony. if nintendo succeeds, then sony may try to emulate what nintendo is doing with their controller as well as having super beefed up graphics. in terms of graphics wise, it'll probably support the next generation of dx, not dx 10 but probably dx11 or dx12 depending on how far development occurs with microsoft and the video card [graphic] industry. nintendo will probably support the newer specs hopefully as it'll be a big jump from the previous years. i think nintendo is trying to say that there is just too much subtlety [minor changes] in the graphics, which is why they didn't improve on it [pm me if you want to talk about this].

it'll probably have a hard drive as it's cheaper and easier to maintain. in terms of size it'll probably be 60-80gb as a standard size and will probably offer a bigger drive depending what other features that the system is able to do. the biggest size i probably can imagine is either 120-160gb, if suppose something like dvr [what sony was thinking about the ps3] happens.

slim line ps3 will never happen in like 5+ years from now. all the parts are too expensive, especially that cell processor and finding reduced size parts will be expensive. of course it can probably be done sooner if one is willing to pay a hefty price tag. of course there are other ways, but it's a sacrifice the public will have to accept, but are you willing too make those sacrifices??

all controllers will probably be wireless [bluetooth], something that nintendo developed from their wavebird controller [not the bluetooth technology i'm talking about, but the background idea of the wave bird]. rumble will probably still be here. since it's wireless, it'll either be just as how it is where you charge it with the usb or it'll use batteries but the life expectancy maybe longer.

dvd system will probably be like nintendo's where it's not a tray. what makes nintendo's wii console look so great is that dvd system, it makes it look more futuresque.

wifi will be there, but it probably won't be the standard 811.1ggg..... i'll probably the next standard, which i believe is 811.11 n or gn.

all those online capabilities will probably [surf, chat, email, etc] be there as well like web tv, remember web tv??

11. Loonylion

Wifi is 802.11a/b/g, not 811.1 ;)

as to 802.11n, the second draft of this standard is currently under inspection by the IEEE, so yes it is likely that 802.11n will be in use by the time the PS4 is released.

12. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

i dont think thats going to be

13. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

the ps4 is practically assured, but it's just gonna be a waste of time and money for sony... ps3 has everything... the six axis function, the high graphics, the hd, great games... i don't see the public needing a ps4, too...

14. adrelith

There are always going to be things to improve. It's like when the SNES or Nintendo 64 came out, they were both amazingly advanced for their time and still, there was stuff to build on. Even if they don't improve graphics there's always CPU power and RAM as a start that they could upgrade to decrease load times and improve physics/AI.

And they will up the graphics. As the hardware dates in the newer generation consoles there'll be better and cheaper ways to do it that the companies with use. I know this is far away, but think about 3D, or retinal projection for example both would need much more powerful graphical hardware to handle. My two cents at least.

15. Paperbag51

Paperbag51 Active Member

I was actually talking about this with my buddy just a few days ago. Graphics can only go so far. Once you get to real life graphics thats it. theres nothing else to go to. you can do everything you want with the right developers. Then VR (Virtual Reality) which can also be done with the "best" graphics (that totally doesn't look right) then it goes to better processors when you get to the fastest processor where else is there to turn .. you got the best graphics you can possible get. and the fastest system you can get there .. Imo thats the end of it. theres no where else to turn. with computers growing by like 10x each year thats not too far off. so then its all on software designers.

Just a thought from papers head.

16. ultra

ultra Guest

graphics will never die because there is always improvements. the minor details like facial wrinkles and such or voice and mouth synch are some ideas. with dx 10, it looks more like things are more round then flat [i'm thinking of that fire place demo where it compares the brick on the floor with dx9 to dx10]. btw, don't confuse graphics with animation. more natural movements.

it won't be the fastest processor but multiple processors [multi-threading]. this will allow physics in games. the more cores we have the more sophisticated the physics will be. at the time we'll probably have a small effect on physics [simple and non-complex], but over time we'll see phyics in instances where it's everywhere [imagine playing a detective game where you constantly touch the paper and over time the paper gets worn or that the food has an expiration date and it expires and you see the change in environment]. improved ai. ai that is adaptive though i believe this is just too imaginative.

processor and graphics will always be together. if one improves then the other will also follow.

17. adrelith

We won't reach the full potential of processors - not for a LONG time. There will always be new and better ways to do something, or ways to make it smaller so you can fit more processors in the one place. And even if you can't increase the quality of graphics, as I said before new technology will require graphical upgrade anyway. Imagine if there was a 512MB graphics card ten years ago: you wouldn't be able to use it now because the architecture has changed so much that it wouldn't have things like HDMI and current direct X support. Everything in technology is constantly being upgraded or reworked.

18. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

that's it... i completely agree with you guys, there's always something to improve in a console... and not just the graphics and sound and the hardware part... like the weight and size of the console... it can always be minimized... graphics come to an end when they achieve a rate where the image is almost real... the same goes with sound... but the loading and saving speeds can always go up, until you get to a point where they almost don't exist... i can take as a great example ''harry potter and the chamber of secrets'' for gbc... wherever you go there are no loadings, and the saving is instantaneous... of course graphics are pure crap, for nowadays, for the time the game was made they were pretty good... but what i'm trying to say is that there's always something to improve... i'm with you all, dudes...

19. It could be made, but it is going to be veeerrrryyyy expensive. no doubt about it. i dont even have a ps3...

20. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

completely, dude... it'll be about 800€ here in europe, and about 900 USD there in the usa...

i don't have one too, either... and i won't buy one for now... but i wouldn't mind if someone would give me one, though... :D i'm fanatic about the mgs series, and the 4th chapter is going to be crazy awesome...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.