1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poll: who do you worship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buchichu, Sep 25, 2010.

?

what religion do you follow?

1. Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Islam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Athiest/Agnostic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hindu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Buddhism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. other (list if you want)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Seph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

Right thats it, your added to my ignore list.

2. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i know. you spelled it right.

satanism all started with atheism, and i don't understand why some atheists said they don't believe on the extraordinary, but why would they believe demons and satan

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

...Huh? Explain yourself, woman.

4. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

5. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

While I can do without the wikilinks, all I needed was a brief explanation to see what she meant. Especially since I've never heard of Atheistic Satanism beforehand and never really had a drive to go look up what she meant. A brief explanation of Atheistic Satanism and Theism in someone's words would've clarified a lot, and prevented my reply. And the original definition of atheism, is the rejection of a belief in any God, this does not include a belief system or believing in symbols (apparently), as given in Atheistic Satanism.

In which case 'satanism started with atheism' isn't explained by wiki either.

6. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

but then you wouldn't have gotten to post all those big impressive words thereby giving your fingers the daily exorcise they've been so craving and giving us a dose of condescension we all need.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I don't mean to be condescending. My poor word choice probably implies that, doesn't it? ;-;

I feel as though her point just isn't made clear enough, either way. Yes I learned about Atheistic Satanism, but it still leaves me confused the comment that was posted. If you know the reason why Satanism started with Atheism, please do so, because I do want to know, but I can't find anything regarding Satanism beginning with Atheism.

8. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Seph

He's the best one of the list...

9. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

and also this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan

10. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

Seth is the best!!!

11. ricapica

ricapica Active Member

i'm christian and catholique
    and i believe in God
    and a pretty good reason to
    Post Merge: [time]1286025400[/time]
    and everything God and Jesus did and are still doing is perfectly scientifical and logical
    we just don't have the means to do things like him yet

12. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Yes, that's it. Science hasn't caught up to Divinity yet, is all.

13. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

What do you call someone who knows/believe there is a god but does not want to worship him or even blames him for his misfortunes?

14. ricapica

ricapica Active Member

if you believe in God then you're either christian, islam, or jewish.
    if you don't want to worship him you're free
    if you blame him for your misfortunes you are ungrateful

15. trimbletown

trimbletown Well-Known Member

I believe that religion should be approached in a thought out and logical manner. I accept that science is usually right but I also accept that some things can't be scientifically explained. Agnosticism seems the most logical choice to me. No commitment but no condemnation.

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I think science is still evolving, what we think is right now could always evolve into something different 20, 40, 100 years down the track. It's something we should believe in but in a more open way.

17. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

So it will be called as an Ungrateful Christian, or Ungrateful Moslem, or Ungrateful Jew?
    Thanks!

One last thing, if your a Christian and been excommunicated by the Church, can you still be called a Christian? Or for general example, if you are banished by your religion/religious leaders, can you still affiliate with that religion?

18. ricapica

ricapica Active Member

i don't think anyone should ban you from what you're free to do
    so yes you can still affiliate with that religion
    Post Merge: [time]1286027429[/time]
    i didn't know you can be excommunicated by the Church

19. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Nondenominational is the way to go. Catholics are to full of themsevles, they believe that god gave the Roman Catholics the power to forgive sin. Which I think is complete bullshit and was only started by them too keep power with Church and no one else. Also on one of the first comments said something about Halloween, it was originally a Celtic celebration and ceremony. It was started long before the church began spreading to northern Europe.

20. ricapica

ricapica Active Member

Roman Catholics can't forgive sins
    only God can
    priests are like a link to God to forgive your sins
    and no one can deny that the church was corrupt in the past