1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poll: who do you worship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buchichu, Sep 25, 2010.

?

what religion do you follow?

1. Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Islam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Athiest/Agnostic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hindu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Buddhism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. other (list if you want)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Seph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No no. :)
    I respect everyone's views.

I wasn't calling you out. I just wanted to say that about teenagers of Catholic families.
    Nothing personal to you. :D

EDIT!
    I was joking in part too.
    On an episode of family guy some little short guy says, "Big whoop wanna fight about it?" like all the time. :p

2. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

The thread has been quite civil with a few sarcastic remarks here and there, but I haven't seen anything overly rude or inflammatory. If this forum does not welcome discussion outside of gaming, I suggest removing any forums which encourage outward discussion, such as "general discussion" or "debates." Otherwise it is my understanding that we can, outside of purposefully starting and engaging in hateful topics, discuss what we wish.

I find censorship of topics on a forum to be dangerous business. There has been absolutely no reason to lock this topic other than a member being uncomfortable with the topic itself. dedboy, maybe you'd like to read through this thread once again and see that the only one who's been objecting strongly to anything is you, and the only thing you're objecting to is the topic itself.

perhaps wait until we've seen something worth noting or have gotten complaints before jumping the gun and assuming that, just because of the topic, things will "get out of hand."

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

religious topics are heavily regulated on this forum because it really doesn't take much for them to descend into flame wars. We know this from experience,

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I've seen quite a few just go completely wild. :p

5. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Don't pull the censorship card, not on me. So long as it's civil, I have no qualms.
    But the past religious topics have always gotten out of hand, I can't see yours being the first not to as well.
    Only time tells that.

Now honestly, religion is the only thing I don't think has warrant in a gaming forum.
    As a general rule, would you walk up to strangers and ask them this in public?
    How long before someone would take offense if you did?

6. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

^I know exactly what you mean dedboy.

Don't forget, in the past religion has been the cause of many wars.
    This is one topic I won't get involved in, people can worship who they like and have every right to do so without getting shit from others.
    Its one of those topics you should post in without been sarcastic or troll and just take other peoples views seriously.

7. buchichu

I wouldn't. This is the internet, real-world social rules don't tend to apply. As a thread in a forum, people have the option whether or not they wish to involve themselves in conversation. And as a side-note, to say "you can discuss anything you wish...except [insert topic]" is, in fact, censorship. if you wish to engage in it, at least own it.

now then, the only conversation in this thread that has been the slightest bit confrontational or caused any controversy thus far has been from you. if you want to lock the topic you have the ability, I certainly won't be, not that I have the power to anyway. otherwise let's give our members a little more credit and allow the conversation to continue in the calm and civil manner it has been.

8. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Why let and inferno start from a single spark in a dry land if you can smother it?
    But I agree, let this go on and give the users the say so. At least you didn't put this in the debate section, as I have seen some do. So I'm not voiding your contribution, you've made some topics of interest as of late. This just one. I don't want to censor you from adding anything, as you possess the intelligence to make some genuinely good topics. And I didn't come up here to cause friction, even if I did, I am sorry for it. Still there are 'keyboard' gangsters who pick apart someone else's views. Moderate your own topic Buchichu, that is all I ask.
    Even you admitted in the serial killers thread I had, it was getting uncomfortable, did you not?
    Well religion is one of those hot button topics, all we do is have to turn the tv on, and some unnecessary war erupts over religion. It's sickening, and instead of fighting together, we have civil unrest in our own countries.
    Religion has been the focus for war since man's creation, and until we are all gone, it will never end.
    Damn me and my ranting, now I'M the one sounding like a zealot:/ Sorry Buchichu, just keep an eye on it please.

9. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Railing on about how religion causes wars seems detrimental to your whole "speak no evil" mentality.

10. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Examples of one speaking evil, thus all it is, nothing more, nothing less.
    I flamed my own personal views, just to get a point across. Brilliant, or a failure?

11. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd call it hypocrisy.

12. buchichu

I was being a smartass there, not much makes me uncomfortable on the internet...I'm just cautious when on a forum populated mostly with kids, but I also feel that if they're old enough to surf the web and be exposed to the multitude of inappropriate things at their fingertips, they can handle a perfectly valid subject of life such as religion.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

You know, I want to say you being one of the top tier trollers, just sorta trolled me, but you didn't just call me a moron and leave it be.

No I'm more of a heretic actually.
    K, I'm done messing up the OP's topic, I go now.

Fair enough. Three year olds surf the web too, just so you know. But I am not baiting or flaming now, just leaving. Let this topic resume and continue on folks.

14. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

if I revealed, you would all ignore me :(

15. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Why?

RomUlation doesn't discriminate anyone because of race, religion, sexual orientation, or where you are from.

...Or at least I think. :p

16. msg2009

So nothing will change, tell us.

17. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

not after post a pic of yourself. I can't trust you anymore

18. msg2009

Religion is different, nobody can say your ugly or anything.

19. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

I'm...I'm...I'm... IMMA GOOFY GOOBER ROCK!!! lol ok here it is. I am christian NOOOO I SAID IT!!!!! MY LIFE IS RUINED!!! :'(

20. buchichu

lord, here I thought you were something culty like a scientologist or something.

bah.