1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Poll: who do you worship?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buchichu, Sep 25, 2010.

?

what religion do you follow?

1. Christian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Islam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Athiest/Agnostic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hindu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Buddhism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Judaism

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. other (list if you want)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Seph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I don't believe in god but my GF is catholic.
    We can't discuss religion in our house because she gets wound up if anyone says anything other than what she believes.

2. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Since I'm young, I'm gonna go with what I've been taught.
    Christian. Catholic.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

No they're not the same religion :)

Roman Catholics were "the original" Christians, however when the Protestant sects separated themselves from the Roman Catholics they took with them the name "Christians". Nowadays the name Christians often is associated with the "born Again" sect, with Protestants defining themselves as such. There are also methodists & Orthodox churches too.

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Roman Catholics weren't "the original" Christians at all. Hell, at the start, the Romans ruthlessly persecuted Christians as cultists. I believe it wasn't until Emperor Constantine that Christianity was accepted as the state religion of Rome.

Catholicism, Anglicanism and all that are called denominations of Christianity. Different flavours of ice cream, but still ice cream in the end.

5. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

im atheist but my parents are catholic and im 13

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

thanks for clarifying our conversation. ::)

7. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

zen Buddhist family thinks im weird [their mostly baptist]
    but other than that i havent had any real conflicts.
    i basically get along with everyone, as that is basically a requirement of being zen lol

8. nhi_po

nhi_po Well-Known Member

..... No one has said Haruhism?..

9. basho1213

basho1213 Well-Known Member

The freaky thing about that is there is a cult in japan that resulted from that show, although instead they chose a gravure model.
    If i find the article again ill link it later
    Post Merge: [time]1285541744[/time]
    actually all religions were at one point by definition a cult.

they just grew and as a result more people began to follow to they graduated into religions.

I HATE THE DAMN WHEEL AD!

10. doughboy

doughboy Guest

somebody understands my pain :'(... :D

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

technically Corellan, since I'm a half-elf cleric /nerd

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

There's no hedonism?

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

She also forgot JEDI.

Damn it.
    The force is SO not with you.

14. doughboy

doughboy Guest

:D
    Jedi's, why didn't I think of that... :p

15. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I was raised christian, and I choose to stay that way

16. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I worship Cthulhu, or rather the Moe version.

17. doggy-dj

doggy-dj Guest

Im Christian but i dont believe it all. God never helped us, we made our own lives without him. They say its the biggest sin not to believe in the devil, which is a lie. All i want in life is to be a doctor, i aint gonna pray to no god for that.

18. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

?

Honestly, the Bible never really clarifies what the biggest sin is. In fact, yours is indirectly referencing one of the commandments that you cannot believe in another God.

Doing a quick Google search on the Greatest Sin, yields all different answers, personally, the best one I found is rejecting love. Be it generally or just rejecting the love of God. This one personally speaks to me as it's more than just a biblical reference (which hey, is better than taking everything from there literally).

This almost made me forget one of your posts that pissed me off (although I totally forgot which one so it's totally irrelevant). But a majority of the members here don't know the difference between an exchange and flaming, flaming is directly insulting someone for any reason (which honestly I do a lot and I don't really care), and debating is exchanging points. There's been too many times where people have misinterpreted my posts too, as if all my posts are either sarcastic, flaming, or a troll attempt.

Any religious fanatic, should watch Religulous and/or Dogma. These are my favorite type of religious movies and they're almost on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Dogma's overarching message throughout the film is primarily Christian related, which excludes a portion of the people. But it's message is primarily that the Christian religion should not be built on a belief structure, but it's more similar to an idea. That way it's not structured and thought out to be fact. Another message is that the religion should not be mourned or you have to suffer through it etc etc.

Religulous on the other hand goes from, questioning your religion is good, to, religion is the end of the world. Which is weird as the film doesn't really convey the same message, it's kinda all over the place.

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Ah yes the force.... sadly I'm not into the goody two shoe ways of the Jedi.... The Sith however pwn all!
    [​IMG]

20. doughboy

doughboy Guest

:D
    I barely noticed that Seph is an option.
    Hes cool I guess, but I wouldn't worship him.