1. This forum is in read-only mode.

*POLL* Do you think Ps3 should allow uploads of your own avatars? *POLL*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arcwolf09, May 21, 2010.

?

Do you think PS3 should allow uploads of users own avatars?

Poll closed Jun 5, 2010.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What's an Avatar?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Why? Sony offer a free online service and all you can do is whine that they try to make people spend money on what is essentially cosmetics for their online profile. If people feel the need to show their support by spending extra money for some slight extra feature so be it.

2. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

The point is they are forcing you to buy something from them or be stuck with the free crap. A 1.99$ for some lil pic. i can see maybe .10$ or something.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I forgot that Sony was forcing me to get avatar picture or else something bad would happen to me.

It's such a little minor thing, jeez, I mean you have to pay for XBL gamer pictures, what's different here?

Hell I like my avatar better on the PSN, I've grown attached to my Strawberry head guy, it's a lot better than my XBL one that's just an idolmaster one (it was cute, k?).

4. gaynorvader

No, they're not, they're giving you the option of paying for extra, unnecessary content.

5. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

well i didnt mean literally force i meant that if you wanted something better you would be forced to pay.

6. gaynorvader

That, my friend, is how economics works. If they gave you everything for free they would go out of business and you'd end up with nothing.

7. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

But im saying they could give the option to at least allow you to pay to upload your own images or something.

8. gaynorvader

Why? They'd have to program in a report feature or a filter or a vetting process, they'd have to provide space on their servers, and you think that they should do this for free? Why should they? I agree that it'd be nice if they did, but I don't see why they should.

9. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

People have PS3's?

10. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Their servers would be paid for by the uploading costs.

11. gaynorvader

What uploading costs?

12. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

uploading user created avatars

13. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

So you're saying that you should be able to upload whatever avatar you want but you have to pay to do so.

Why not just buy an avatar? Xbox Live avatars are the same way as PSN as of now, with the exception of a camera thing so you can have that as an avatar (which are mostly just pictures of pets or penises), but they're only visible to friends.

If you've played UNO on Xbox Live, you know what to expect from this or anything allowing the user to do what they want with avatars.

Also I doubt the uploading of avatars will pay for the firmware update allowing this and adding a report feature to such uploaded avatars and support the people taking off the reported avatars.

14. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

the point is either paying for an avatar you didnt create or paying for one you did.

15. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

2$, for one? i don't know what kind of fairyland rip-off service you use but there isn't a single avatar, or most exclusive store content, that are overpriced.
    except agarest war, cheap asshole developers...

stickers in real life cost .50$, wanna argue where we can buy 1 single sticker in a retail store for less?

no, i don't want people to upload their own avatars. the free "crap" looks good.

16. gaynorvader

Not to mention that Sony would have to do a check for copyrighted material seeing as they would be hosting it on their servers.

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

I'm curious, what picture do you want to use this bad?

18. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

I just think that its a possibillity and it should be allowed.

19. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

no, no , no all this would end up being would be 20,000 pics of naruto and the rest.. adult manga, or worse.. penises everywhere..decorated or not... i dont need my niece coming up to me asking "uncle cam, whats is that funny lookin' mushroom with the naruto headband?"

20. Arcwolf09

Arcwolf09 Guest

Thats why we are disscussing possible solutions to abuse of the system.