1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Wifi Trading / Battle Station; [READ FIRST POST]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CloudBoii12, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ADGS231

ADGS231 Well-Known Member

I like to have 2 gengars for battle, ..... do what you like to do >I report me if you whant ...... i have my haunter but i dont now what or how i evolved it... do what you whant....

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Cloudboii, there is no point having discussion and this thread separate. I tried seeing your way redirecting people to the discussion thread, but there is no point. It would be simpler to just to have one thread since it is easier to transition. No one wants to post a "looking for trade or battle" and then after that, have to go to another thread to continue the conversation. The responses will be completely out of context on the discussion thread.

It's not like these threads are limited on the number of posts, and they're certainly not kept clean of pointless posts.

Also, I post all of the discussion stuff here because this thread is more established than the other one. It transitions nicely and the posts never really go SO far off-topic that the original idea is lost. We have everything pokemon-related here, trades, battles, and discussion all in one. The majority of the material here is discussion, whether it be about strategies, rules, or just a question in general. The discussion is what keeps this thread alive because it's more interesting than simply a person looking for a battle, another person looking to trade, another person looking to battle, another person looking to battle.........

And for people that don't find the discussion all that important (or any irrelevant post), you can just skip to the next post. There are plenty of people looking to battle.

3. GhostFaceLoser

GhostFaceLoser Well-Known Member

i rember little cup... such a shame i don't like breeding as much... and trust me rasing a murkrow to lvl 35 for faint attack is hard...

i would love to battle tonight but... i missed sleep all last night... so i'm off to bed... i can battle almost all day tommorow...

and i am doing a pearl as a girl so...

i need 2 pokemon legit...

chimcar and piplup lvl 1 both... male genders if that's fine...

i can trade a lvl 20 shieldon female or male or both let me know i may have more... i have to look...

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

2 legit L1s are easy - just breed a hacked pokemon.

Also, you guys like my new sig?

5. insanecrazy07

I'm going to be on for a few hours so shoot me a PM (or 30) to get my attention.
    It depends on how soon I move to another page...

6. CloudBoii12

CloudBoii12 Well-Known Member

Well, if you're playing CloudBoii12's rules, you can't have two Gengars in a battle.
    Yeps.
    And perhaps you are correct, Insane.
    *sigh*
    Post Merge: [time]1247641022[/time]
    New Rules up.

7. Suiseiseki

Not bad for the new rules, but Freeze Clause is impossible to enforce outside of Shoddy. Theoretically I could freeze on six consecutive Ice Beams, although that's literally a once-in-a-million chance. Only way I could stop it would be to not use Ice Beam/Blizzard at all after the first freeze, which is bad.

Also, themed teams are a rarity as well as just plain stupid in terms of weaknesses (Steel Team? SUP EARTHQUAKE), so the rule's probably redundant when you also take into consideration that there aren't enough pokemon in OU to make a mono-type team anyway, so you'll be using BL/UU/NU Pokemon anyway.

8. insanecrazy07

Themed I meant like Rain Dance teams, Hail teams, Gravity team, etc.

9. Suiseiseki

Rain Dance teams tend to have a large number of Water-types, and Hail Ice-types. It doesn't really matter though, the same sort of thing applies.

10. CloudBoii12

What the hecksickles is Shoddy?
    I'm new to online battling >.<

11. insanecrazy07

Rain Dance teams at least won't have to have a ton of water types. It's easy to set up a Rain Dance with Thunder, but yes, you'll probably have at least one water type to get some STAB and boosted attacks. I use Rain Dance in tandem with Scizor since it halves Fire damage. Plus, Rain Dish, Dry Skin help a lot in HP recovery. Aerodactyl is good for setting up a quick Rain Dance, and those bulky psychic types can usually pack Thunder, but the problem with most weather teams is that you sacrifice 1 move for each pokemon that has it.

So far, everytime a Rain Dance team has been used against me, I've benefited more from it than they do, like gaining boosted Surfs and Swiftswimmers or Toxicroak's Dry Skin.

12. Suiseiseki

Online pokemon battle simulator.

Oh, I'm aware that Rain Dance teams don't need a lot of water-types (having one of my own) but generally a lot of the team will have to be able to take advantage of it. I have two or three dedicated Swift Swimmers alongside a Bronzong and a Ludicolo, and Jirachi is also able to take advantage of rain as well as set it up.

Really, it's up to personal preference. I like a few water-types.

13. CloudBoii12

*sigh* I'm lost xD

14. insanecrazy07

Sadly, most of my bulky pokemon are water type. Fire types are still my favorite types to use, but the water types just play so much better and have saved my ass quite a few times in the past. Most of the bulky ones are either rock, steel or normal, which are all weak to fighting so I tend to use bulky waters.

15. Suiseiseki

Bulky DD Gyarados = fun.

16. insanecrazy07

For the trading aspect, if anyone wants the newly released Eigakan Arceus (that can't get one on their own) I will trade you one.

I'll be making a buttload of them, all randomized, (kind of like simulating the actual distribution).

Latest Battle Video:
    33-29998-82426

17. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Eigakan? The movie 12 version Arceus?

18. insanecrazy07

I have no idea what Eigakan means, I just know it's what was labeled with the new Japanese Arceus that they released in Japan.

Kinda dumb that it's for Movie 12, but it says Movie 09 on it, even if you're running a Japanese game.

19. Suiseiseki

Eigakan = movie theater.

20. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Oh, thanks for clearing that up. The projectpokemon.org has it available for download!
    Post Merge: [time]1248084535[/time]
    Just downloaded the arceus. But the stats are a little too low...