1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Survey

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sinnoh2, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Their feathers allow them some rudimentary form of flying. They simply jump high into the air and glide down to the destination.

2. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

I vote no in the fly case.

But good lord, I wish we had an option to fly trough areas without being on ground.
    Freakin waste of Max Repells D:

3. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

?
    I can FLY while in the middle of surfing, in an open section of a cave, atop a tower, and in the forest. You can FLY anywhere that makes sense.

4. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Splendid ;)

Why would you use fly, then? o_O But that would be cool, since it would creata more lively experience as in anime.
    Bicycles would be better that way.Unless you say you want to ride samurott or such types ;)

5. sinnoh2

sinnoh2 Well-Known Member

ikr I thought they could spice it up since there running out of ideas.

6. koolenergy

koolenergy Well-Known Member

actually it beats the true purpose of fly of your able to navigate and if they made such as you can navigate your pokemon (which could be cool cause you could try riding different pokemons but would turn to be to big for a pokemon game rather the rom file and if that could happen try Cheating your way through pokemon get a bidoof to learn fly and see what happens :DDD) but whatever im against this :)

oh and about gyarados i dont know why that oversized shrimp is even a flying type when it doesnt have any aspects of being 1 and another thing how is a freaking magikarp which is a fish turn to a gyarados which is so big and doesnt even look like a carp?
    and P.S. for gyarados it doesnt even learn any kind of flying type move not even Aerial Ace and LOTS of pokemon learns that even bug types learn that :D

nintendo was simply bored of what to do with useless pokemon named magikarp so they decided to make him fearsome :)

7. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

YA or more animation

8. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

actually Magikarp and Gyarados are based on a old Japanese folklore

9. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Gyarados learns Bounce.

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I rather want FLY to act like SURF but in the air.

Putting the Pokemon games into a more traditional RPG sense SURF to me was like getting on a boat or ship then controlling the boat/ship as you moved in water areas in most common RPGs. And in a sense, that's how SURF acts in the Pokemon games.

Now with FLY at first I thought it would be like riding an airship or a flying animal in traditional RPGs where SURF is like riding boats/ships you get to control whatever you're riding & use it to go to other places you just couldn't walk or ride boats/ships to. However, in Pokemon games FLY acts more like a "Warp to places you've already been to before spell or item which I actually consider to be stupid. The way FLY works in the Pokemon games more closely resembles a teleport spell in RPG sense than what it should have been meant for.

Just as TrueDesire pointed out, wouldn't FLY add more replay value for the Pokemon games if it enabled you to explore the lands further & not just teleports you to an already known location? A task that rightfully should've been given to the actual Psychic skill TELEPORT?

11. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

How someone as large as your character can ride a bird as small as a Pidgey/Spearow still baffles me. Which reminds me.
    [​IMG]

12. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

also, you can Surf on a barboach, which is about the size of your trainer's foot.

13. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

That would give you the opportunity to go to areas you shouldn't go, like the elite four, or to places with Pokemon which are way too high leveled.

14. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

You obviously haven't played any other RPG besides the Pokemon games, how tragic :p

And besides, you can't even go to the elite four immediately or have you forgotten the need to collect eight badges.

Also, if you've played Pokemon Blue/Green, Red & the remakes Fire Red & Leaf Green you can go to Victory Road right after you leave Viridian City but if you do you'd get pwned big time.

15. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

A fly anywhere HM would be fine. If Nintendo wanted to keep you out of a town/city, elite four, etc. until later in the game, all they would have to do is put mountains, tall trees, or maybe even a strong ocean wind inbetween that you couldn't fly through or over to keep you out.