1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by calvin_0, Mar 25, 2009.

1. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Download your member card from Wifi now so you can catch your own Darkrai!

edit: it took 51 dusk balls to capture mine..... (40 from the 1st try, 11 from the 2nd try)

2. king_leo

king_leo Well-Known Member

Re: Pokemon Platinum is cool

i used 800 ultra balls on darkrai and i still cant catch it

monkey island

3. holoflame

holoflame Well-Known Member

I threw a Master Ball.....

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Re: Pokemon Platinum is cool

its been a while since i use Ultra Ball XD, i never use Ultra Ball after i discover Dusk Ball.

5. NC200X

NC200X Well-Known Member

You know, the fact that the event is now available destroys all of that. LOL. I'll admit, what you said kinda stung.

6. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I used an AR code to get the azure flute for arceus... just too lazy to climba ll the way back up mt. coronet to get Arceus, Dialga, or Palkia... I have the orbs for them too

7. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Destroys all of what? What the hell are you talking about?
    Anyway, I hear we might get a US distribution sometime soon. I'm hoping it's not the Azure Flute distribution, but an actual pokemon distribution. If it is indeed the Azure Flute, then all of the noob hackers will have free reign in using their in-game Arceus in battle.

8. Kimas96

Kimas96 New Member

How do i open the menu?

9. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

Wrong section.

-To answer your question, press "X"

10. red_johnny

red_johnny Well-Known Member

Im at the part when u gotta beat/catch Giratina
    Pokemon:
    Flareon LV 51
    Rotom(Reg Form) LV 50
    Flareon LV 44
    Staraptor LV 37(using mostly for fly and stuff)
    Torterra LV 34(I uslally dont train my starters a lot unless thats like the only one i have)
    Flareon LV 21
    Name:
    Michael
    I cant really play it on ds cause something wrong w/R4 so i use emulator btw pokesav goews with emulators right?

11. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

yep

12. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

The AR code for Azure Flute didn't work for me iirc. You need to activate the event itself, rather than adding to your inventory straight.

13. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I have the AR code for the event Azure Flute. It makes the green-suited guy appear at any Pokémart, which is where you'll recieve the Azure Flute from. It's been tested by me and it works properly.

Leveling your Staraptor would've done you so much more good. It learns BRAVE BIRD and CLOSE COMBAT, you know. And it also has decent ATTACK. But oh well.

Headed to the Pokémon League. I'm in Victory Road right now with these in hand:
    ABSOL Lv55, with moves: Me First, Slash, Night Slash, Psycho Cut
    STARAPTOR Lv53, with moves: Endeavor, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Return
    WEAVILE Lv53, with moves: Brick Break, Aerial Ace, Ice Punch, Night Slash
    INFERNAPE Lv53, with moves: Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Focus Blast, Calm Mind

How do you think I'll fare against E4, guys?

14. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Why don't you put Giratina on your team? You could try having another pokemon in your team, maybe alakazam or gyarados, 4 pokemon is not enough to go agaisnt the E4. Maybe you could also have a strong water type pokemon( Gyarados is water type, but he learns little water moves)

15. that3d-trapezoid

I'm not one to use Ubers in my team anywhere in the game, really.
    Anyways, just finished the E4 and it was a breeze. Perhaps I didn't mention that all the pokémon I had were Effort Trained and had the right nature. Weavile, though, is there for the sole purpose of taking down the behemoth known as Cynthia's GARCHOMP.

I would've gotten a Gyarados, but it has a slow growth rate and would take a lot more time to train. And Gyarados learns more than enough great moves to make it a monstrous being. It's worth getting with AQUA TAIL and DRAGON DANCE alone. And only noobs would say teaching Gyarados HYDRO PUMP is better.

16. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

Yea, but Aqua tail always misses, maybe waterfall would be a good replacement.

17. timmy1991

Here's my team (feel free to comment):
    Lvl70 Typhlosion - Swift, Flamethrower, Flame Wheel, Ember (should give it better attacks...)
    Lvl60 Luxray - Crunch, Thunder Fang, Thunder, Strength
    Lvl73 Lucario - Aura Sphere, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Rock Climb
    Lvl59 Giratina (origin forme) - Ominous Wind, Fly, Dragon Pulse, Shadow Force
    Lvl67 Infernape - Close Combat, Rock Smash, Fire Blast, Flamethrower
    Lvl60 Zapdos - Thunder, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Fly

18. that3d-trapezoid

Is this your team for competitive battling? Because if it is, then you'll be sweeped by the better players out there, even with the Uber Giratina in your team.

Here's me to share my 2 perfect HM slaves:
    BIBAREL: Surf, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Waterfall
    TROPIUS: Fly, Cut, Defog, Strength

19. timmy1991

No, this is just the team I've been using to do things like the Elite Four and other random batles in the game

20. that3d-trapezoid

Non-competitive, your team is well and sound. Though if you attempt the E4's second wave, you might have a hard time with Cynthia (as always).
    Typhlosion's best attack comes in the form of ERUPTION, since it has both decent SP.ATTACK and SPEED to make the most out of the move.
    I taught my Zapdos HEAT WAVE for a slight move variation, but then my Zapdos is for competitive battling.

Shaymin event is coming out on September 28 via wi-fi, along with Gracidea.