1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Platinum coming out

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by anandjones, Apr 22, 2008.

1. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

im not really like a legend pokemon, coz they're dont hv any evolution
    i love watch a new EEVEElution, God i love to wait 'n see them..
    why they not put Milotic as a logo?! make it playable from the 1st time.
    actually in the movie we can choose wanna be what trainer, poke master like ash, poke tamer like broke or poke contest like may, hopefully they make a new one

2. MiniGorbi

MiniGorbi New Member

For those who want a Gold remake can check this out while they wait on Nintendo to make one ;)
    http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1456642/5578442/
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=100537

3. EDRICK88

EDRICK88 Well-Known Member

i hate that shiny gold, isnt real!! :p plus its sucks with many new fake pokemon

4. MiniGorbi

MiniGorbi New Member

What can I say, its a amateur hack. I think its quite good and fun to play.

5. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Hey guys, we can talk about Pokemon Shiny Gold... Yes, I did beat the game.. But please lets stay on topic or if you want to talk about Pokemon Shiny Gold, make a new thread so you're not breaking the rules...

Anyways, I've already beaten Diamond twice and Pearl once, but I really hope Platinum changed dramatically... Adding one extra form to a pokemon wouldnt be enough...

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well, they'll be using the same pokemon "series", so maybe expect a few extra new pokemon.

7. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

Good thing battle frontier like thing is back.
    I am kind of tired from the battle tower.I hope they include the battle dome in it.

8. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

The Battle Towers are difficult.

9. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Disagree.

10. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

Until, you don't use cheats. I am not saying i's impossible but a lil' bit difficult.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

all you really need is a garchomp set up for sweeping.

make sure it is EV'ed correctly and has decent IVs.

that's pretty much it.

The only time my chomp died was when it ran out of HP from life orb.
    ...in which case, i just sent out salamence with the EXACT same setup.

as for platinum, i saw the menus and stuff were redone in a dark grey, almost black.

and i think you get giratina FOR FREE!, without doing that ridiculous maze.
    kind of like gold and silver where you get suicune for free in crystal, without having to chase it around johto. suicune was always the best of the 3 since it actually had a competitive edge to it.

i hate mespirit and cresselia with a passion.

they better have a slightly different storyline, or something. at least crystal and emerald had some nice additional features.

12. anandjones

Yes you get Giratina for free, just gotta keep walking randomly in the maze, and then you'll find a huge pokemon.

13. insanecrazy07

i mean without having to walk around in the maze.

it looked like you get giratina at the spear pillar, but i might be mistaken.

14. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

I hope they make it somefing like this:

1st world: Just Sinnoh
    2st world: Johto

Just like the metal series where you could play the kanto region aswell as the johto region

THAT SURE WOULD BE GREAT!

15. insanecrazy07

1st world: just sinnoh
    2nd world: johto and kanto since they're joined together.

hoenn and sinnoh are just kinda out there, not really related to each other or any of the previous regions.

or it would be nice if kanto were in the southeast, johto in the southwest, hoenn in the northwest, and sinnoh in the northeast like a block formation.
    and that you could cross borders between them all and in the middle where all four borders meet, there is a high level area (like 90+) and maybe some new pokemon. (maybe for next gen)

they should make it where you either start in kanto, then proceed to johto, hoenn, then sinnoh, or go backwards in that order.
    and they should have time progression like in G/S/C where people change. meaning that by NOW, Prof Oak will be long gone. Is it me or is he the bilbo baggins of pokemon? minus the ring...

I'm sure they could fit 4 different regions onto a 128 MB cartridge.
    either that, or size up NINTENDO!

16. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

so Prof. Oak dies?

17. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

there are already 2 known new pokemons in Platinum

A new Giratina form and Shaymin Sky form, which is sure cool

18. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

disagree, the Giratina means nothing, except for levatate, but Shaymin's skyform looks like a deer o.o

19. insanecrazy07

deer.

IT'S COMIN' RIGHT FOR US!

lmao.

20. anandjones

Different regions would be awesome, Johto has got to be the best. It would be cool if you could meet the old players, such as Ash and the Crystal guy and Ruby/Emerald etc. guy and Diamond/Pearl guy. They did that in Crystal, you go up to this dark mountain and at the end, Ash is there, and you talk to him and he says nothing. Then you battle. I totally pwned him with my Feraligatr and Pidgeot. My other pokemon didn't have to be used. Also, if the old Gym leaders and people were still in their regions, that would be cool as well, so basically the time hasn't changed much.