1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon (how will you build your team?)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Harubi, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

In the games they take something into account which i have yet to see in Pokemon games, strategy.
    Now before im getting posts from people that say that you CAN use strategy in fights... yes you most definitely can, but when i mean strategy i mean battle tactics.

We all know the fights on the anime where ash uses his (for example bulbasaur) to outspeed a larger evolved pokémon to then win.
    The thing what we see in the games is that we see two pokemon head to head.. pretty much duking it out... yes speed will be taken into account, but there is unfourtenately, no way for your Pokémon to position itself around the opposing Pokémon, or for it to be running around the opposing Pokémon without attacking.

Does this ruin the current game? Absolutely not, but it would be alot of fun to see Pokémon fight Real time against each other...Or rather where you, as the player, can move the Pokémon to your liking, so that you can make him do exactly what you want to.
    I personally think, if they did something as that, people that love the cute and small Pokémon, would feel less inclined to actually evolve them.

Anyway i think i figured out my team for HG/SS..
    I just have to figure out how to get these Pokémon.

Bulbasaur
    Houndoom
    Scizzor
    Croagunk
    Staryu
    Electrike

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

I think the battle system used in Digimon World 1 for the PS1 would actually fit well with a Pokemon game.

3. melfice666

melfice666 Well-Known Member

off topic Q:do you get vulpix and fire stone early on in the HG/SS

4. Harubi

Harubi Well-Known Member

Uhm.... Well i know for a fact you get to fight a Vulpix early...but finding one.. im not sure... i'd have to look it up for you.... sec.

yeah only in Soul Silver though: Route 8, 7, 37, 36 & 48

Fire stone i dunno, but maybe you could transfer it from your previous games to HG/SS?

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The only way I've found to get stones early is through trades. I've looked everywhere from Goldenrod to Celadon as where to buy stones.

6. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Starter
    A pokemon that is pretty crappy but will replace for another starter (like Bellsprout for Chikorita)
    Flying Pokemon (Pidgey)
    Ho-oh/Lugia When I can catch them
    and not too sure about the others

7. danny905

danny905 Member

i currently have
    Arbok
    Weepinbell
    Flaafy
    Nidorino
    Sudowoodo
    Quilava
    (all mid 20s)

its a shame none of them can use surf (untill nidorino evolves) or fly, going to have to replace one of them soon but cant decide which

8. bkwan92

bkwan92 Well-Known Member

damn if you want good team build than somgon (competitive pokemon battle) http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/
    ......now this is crazy they have names for there specific sets of attacks and strategy on using the pokemon w/ move set

9. insanecrazy07

To actually build one of those sets legit, it takes A LOT of time, especially in the IV breeding part of it, not to mention using unique TMs or egg moves.

At least for this topic, this is basically what is going to be your mash up team to get through the game.

And yes, they all have nicknames because a CB T-tar is different from a Tyrani-boah, and a Crocune is different from an offensive Suicune. If they all referred to them as Suicunes or Tyranitars, how would you differentiate between the sets?

10. knightof3

knightof3 Well-Known Member

I will use non legendary pokemon that are the most useful for hms and a couple cool ones

11. insanecrazy07

Since you guys were asking what my team was, here goes:
    Victreebel
    Arcanine
    Feraligatr (Waterfall)
    --
    Wooper, level 6 (Rock Smash, Strength, Surf, Whirlpool)
    Pidgey, level 14 (Fly)
    Nidoran (m), level 11 (Cut)

12. bellsarc

bellsarc Well-Known Member

I have
    a lvl 16 chickorita
    a lvl 13 pidgey (fly)
    a lvl 11 sentret (surf)
    and an egg (going to wait till it hatches because they are always rare) (if its a togebi than flash)
    I am going to catch
    geodude (rocksmash and strength)
    and Abra just because I want an Alakazam

13. SimplePlan

SimplePlan Member

My team will consist of non legendary non uber powerhouses which i will have shiny and fully evd trained (ev training is training in certain areas such as sp.att / speed etc. *just for those who didn't know*)
    Like if a Porygon-Z for example is fully ev trained in special attack it will max out with 405

14. alexpk86

alexpk86 Well-Known Member

Talking about late game I don't know anything about PKMN tiers, but I will for sure use Tyrannitar, Scyther/Scizor, Pinsir/Heracross, Sandslash, Weevil and a Poison-Type (Nidoking or - if I manage to trade one - a Seviper) all of them fully EV-trained.

My starter will be Cyndaquil.