1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HG/SS (E) AP Patch for R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mr. Pirate, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mallemarkie

Mallemarkie Member

Re: Pokemon HG/SS (E) AP Patch for R4DS 1.18

I now know what was wrong, it seems the .nds extention was gone for a second.
    ( I know I have a nice username, ty :p)

2. karatekid4

karatekid4 Member

Yea i think we should all just forget about a real patch and just stick to either buying an Acekard or for those of us who cant be arsed then they should prob just try the Jap translation. Its like 90% english now..

3. wkkeur

wkkeur Member

It froze after 24 events. Even with Soft Reset turned off. This fails... I used original R4DS with no cheats on this .nds, only patched it.

I patched it like this:
    Put HG (E) ROM in CLEAN ROM folder,
    Double clicked Ndstool.exe

waited till it said "Patch complete"

is this the right way?

4. Mallemarkie

Mallemarkie Member

I used the PATCH-file.

5. penguinsane

penguinsane Member

Using the patcher correctly (European version of the HeartGold game, using the PATCH.bat file to patch, resulted in a 120mb file), mine froze at 24 events. I am using an original R4 (non-clone) with v1.18 firmware without ysmenu.

Got my hopes up. :(

6. Mallemarkie

Mallemarkie Member

I saved several times now, and it still loads up without any errors or so.

7. Lekkers

Lekkers New Member

Please god let this be the one haha

8. penguinsane

penguinsane Member

It seems to be working with mixed results? I think?

I just wish it would work for me. >_>

9. wkkeur

wkkeur Member

what exactly did you do, Mallemarkie (lol)?

10. Mallemarkie

Mallemarkie Member

Aww. Got a freeze now.

And i just patched them with the PATCH file.
    But now mine freezes too. So the it's not a complete patch :(

11. duckie112

duckie112 Member

It works for me on an original R4DS with firmware 1.18 tried it on ysmenu to just to check it out but it froze after 50 events.
    At 1.18 i went in and out of a door for like 400 times already (if it wasnt more) saved alot went in battles alot but still no freeze. (Dunno if it helps but i always have soft reset on, you know that R in the top right corner must be green) testing it out without the softreset for legend of zelda spirit tracks it worked clean tho with the softreset.

12. wkkeur

wkkeur Member

Then we just use the jap -> English translation, but a fix for (E) would be better, because then we could trade pokemon with the real (E) from the stores. Or is that also possible with the japanees version?

13. sabregod

sabregod Member

I'm assuming this can work in AKAIO 1.5.1 even if the patch is made for R4. Right?

14. ravsingh

ravsingh New Member

patching it had no difference on mine :(
    did i do it right?
    i put the (E) rom in the clean_rom folder and clicked on the PATCH file. I put the .nds file from the temp folder onto my ds and i used my previous save which is from after the 3rd gym and crashes every time i go through a door 2 times. same as the USA rom.

15. Jelgerw

Jelgerw New Member

Probably a stupid question but: I am using a M3 DS Simply (yes I know how old that is), and I use R4 1.18 firmware. Will this thing work on my old card, or is it originals only? otherwise, I'm sticking to the translated version.

16. I K K E

I K K E Well-Known Member

Does it work on other cards, for example DSTT?

17. snuffeltjesnuselte22

snuffeltjesnuselte22 Active Member

okay wtf... First got black screen while loading sav. Then the game restarted when loading sav.. And now it works. I'll tell the details about what happens later.

Edit: Froze while battlelling (sorry for bad english xD) 4th gym (Gengar), froze at poke center...

Edit: This just doesn't have any effect on the freezing problem. It still freezes the same amount as it did before.

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yes, this is likely to go around in circles just like the other patches for Pokemon HG/SS (U). Someone will post a "patch" others will say it doesn't work, etc.

19. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

ok so does this patch work? some people say it does and some say it doesn't? or does it still freeze, just takes a longer time? and can someone pleaseee upload a pre patched rom on a website or something? or maybe teach me how to patch. i suck at this stuff. and btw does this work on r4li firmware(the only clone firmware that works on original firmware) i have 1.24

20. remondo

remondo New Member

when i click the rapidshare link it says that the file can only be downloaded 10X. is it just me or are other people having problems to?