1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon HEartgold Team help!

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by abilas, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Nerch

Nerch Well-Known Member

Drop that Weepinbell! You're not going to find a Leaf Stone soon enough, so you'll have to keep it unevolved for a long time. Get an Abra like insanecrazy said. If you can trade it to someone, you'll get an Alakazam that with the right set of moves can be devastating!

2. Karyuu

Karyuu Well-Known Member

Just my suggestion...Yeah..Change Weepinbell for something like Furret...Boy, Furret sure is handy....and I even beat the E4 with Furret...

3. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

i dont know wy people hate weepingbell to so much! but i changed the date on my ds and went tothe bug catching contest. i caught a pinsir lvl 19 and won first place. and i am now on the 7th gym. but first i gotta go to the lake of rage and do all that stuff and catch the gyrados!i thi8nk i should replace my slowpoke with gyrados.
    but gyrados's speciality would be itz insane atk! and moves like surf and hydro pump rquire a relly good sp.atk like slowbro's. and even though gyrados has a kick ass sp.def slowbor's def is better.
    but this might be one of tghe only shiny pokemon i get in the game! so which do you guys think i should get.
    and another thing is that gyrados only has 2 weaknesses while slowbro has 4! but one electric attack is enough to one hit ko a gyrados even with itz great sp.def
    and guess what i got a leaf stone! itz a full power victreebell and itz atk and sp.atk are really good. much better than furret! and as for abra i drop

4. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If you use Gyarados for Surf and Hydro Pump, you are seriously undermining Gyarados's full potential.
    Teach Gyarados Waterfall and it will tear through anything it hits.

I caught an Adamant one and it rips through anything that doesn't resist it, not to mention it's a temporary Ghost/Psychic killer with Bite. OHKOed Morty's Gengar.

Gyarados is meant to used as a sweeper. Dragon Dance it up, STAB Waterfall and once you get Ice Fang, Lance is a breeze. The last slot is icing on the cake. If you can manage to get Earthquake or Taunt, then you got yourself a damn good sweeper. Taunt is great for bastards wanting to use Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave and other really annoying attacks.
    If you play him like a staller, you will lose. Same goes for Slowbro. If you play Slowbro like a sweeper, you will lose again.

You really need a Psychic on your team and Kadabra/Alakazam is no slouch. His high Speed and SpA will prove useful just about anywhere you go. I had already used him twice in my first two runs, but Hypno (my third run) does just as well, although played a little bit differently. My Hypno runs a Psychic attack, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, and Hypnosis holding a Zoom Lens to up Hypnosis's accuracy. Since he's slow as hell, Zoom Lens always kicks in.

If you do end up using Gyarados, either get something with Volt Absorb, or a grounder to negate the incoming electric attacks aimed at Gyarados.

5. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

ok got it! but how about a battle on wifi? when my slopoke evolves into a slowbro we can do a lvl 100 single. i just wanna see if my theory is correct. if you want we can make it a 1 on 1 or 6 vs 6. remember though that this is defenitley not my final team! i'm gonna be using the hoenn and kanto starters we get on my wifi battle team but for now this is my team. so how about it?

My name is Abilas
    and my friend code is 2794 3088 8570

6. Bowex

Bowex Member

lol my style since like Pokemon Yellow has been one way.
    Just train your starter like hell lmao.
    My whole team up to the Elite 4 for Heart Gold was this
    Lvl 52 Quilava
    Lvl 41 Red Gyarados
    Lvl 49 Lugia
    Lvl 19 Gyaradoss
    Lvl 21 Weepinbell
    Lvl 28 Shuckle

As you can see, I only trained the rare pokemon and the starter lmao. All you have to do is spam train your quilava, or your dragonite. Save up your money for the elite 4, buy a bunch of revives, and full restore, hyper potion, etc. Use your other pokemon as revive slaves and you'll win easily =P

7. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

thatz exactly what is used to do, in pokemon fire red and leaf green. though i usually trained my starter(usually charmander) and a pidgey. and i catch the legendaries(articuno moltres and zapdos) but now i take my time to train lotz of pokemon because it adds to the fun of the game choosing which pokemon you want in your team, and what moves it should learn. and it makes it harder. when you train one pokemon iot gains lvl quickly and the gym leaders are easy because as you call them revive slaves are there.

8. insanecrazy07

I would seriously wait until you have learned all of the final moves for your pokemon, bred the ones you want to breed, EV train, all that before challenging me. Going in with Water Guns and Tackles won't be able to do anything.

9. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

ye you're right. but i do have some good moves. and i have a donphan on my team. i got him to deal with the steel type gym. my friend traded it over. i made sure he was either the same or a little lower lvl than my pokemon.he did a pretty good job. he took out both magnemites with magnitude. (i made sure my friend went to blackthorn city and told him to make him remeber magnitude) i got him a lvl 25. and i made him lvl 27. he got half way through steelix even after the hyper potion. than he died and i sent my quailava to flame wheel it to death!

but i'll be looking forward to battle you. you sound like a good opponent. can you give me your friend code and trainer name now?

10. insanecrazy07

Click NDS Friend Codes in my signature. It goes directly to the post with my FCs. Add my Soul Silver one for legit battles.

11. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member

ok thanks! we'll battle sometime! maybe soon

12. hey_hey_hey!

hey_hey_hey! Active Member

Catch a Furret for HM slave.
    It can learn:

- Cut
    - Surf
    - Strength
    - Rock Smash

And get an Abra. It'll come in handy.

13. insanecrazy07

I still have not seen a goddamn sentret all game! Maybe it's because I always start a new game at night.

14. AKOMISMO123

AKOMISMO123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone rate my team? This is in SoulSilver

Tyranitar - lvl 55
    Dragonite - LVL 56
    Typhlosion - LVL 51
    Gyarados - LVL 42
    Electabuzz - LVL 48
    Togetic - LVL 13

I was planning on changing Electabuzz with Lucario

15. abilas

abilas Well-Known Member