1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton16

layton16 Well-Known Member

does anyone know were i can find the patched one from page 28

2. lancalotx21

lancalotx21 New Member

My 1 got a blank screen after character creation and i dunno where to put the codes up or down and do i have to restart after i put the codes plz help me :-(

3. Gb_Ze_Kamikaze

Gb_Ze_Kamikaze New Member

Hello there.
    I've looked around a bit, an on other sites aswell, but apparently nobody has the same problem as me. (Or the search function is tricking me.)
    The thing is, I CAN'T get into Mount Silver (Where Red's waiting to crush me.). I enter the cave (Right behind the Pokémon Center.) and the game freezes.
    It actually goes like this : I enter in Mt. Silver, the game goes to black (Like whenever I go into a building or a cave, yeah ?) , the music fades BUT STOPS FADING before being totally mute. It's like the volume got to a minima. And then the game freezes, playing the music of « outside Mt. Silver » at very low volume, with black screen. I can't reset (L+R+Start+Select), either. My only choice is turning off my Nintendo DS and start over again.
    I'm using a translation patch : « Rudolph's v5 » (I think you'll understand. ^^), and a patch that prevents the game from freezing after the opening. They are pretty good and I have absolutely no problem with them (No crash nor freeze apart from Mt. Silver one.). I'm playing with a R4 with latest framewire (1.18, we do agree ?).

Any idea how to fix this ? I really want Red to crush me !

4. layton16

layton16 Well-Known Member

Try to reformat your SD card (But back up your games first) Also there is probably loads of other people with the problem you are having

Also i have a r4 v1.18 and I hope that doesnt happen to me so far i have had no freezes but i am only in goldenrod

5. love4thegame

love4thegame New Member

If its going black like it does at the start go NO$GBA >UTILITY > CHEATS then enter this code 020DD9DC E0200000 after that make sure you check the box that says action replay, after that double click the open cheat box and your game should resume.

Post Merge: [time]1257744007[/time]
    Ive just downloaded that r4 v1.18 do you put it in the SLOT folder? I'm hoping that it helps with my current problem of the random fatal errors. I finally fixed the random freezes and now it just randomly comes up fatal error and shuts down which means i have to save the game and reset the catridge alot which takes a lot of annoying time

Just do the same as i have answered for gb_ze_kamikaze

6. Lunarzero27

Lunarzero27 New Member

I just want to know. . . has ANYONE made a patch that can stop it from freezing when you are in battle?
    What happens for me with any version of the patch is that I can save fine and w/e but when I am battling a wild Pokemon, it freezes as soon as their HP hits 0. . . >.>
    I am using NO$GBA 2.6a
    Thanks for your help. . . xD

7. DarkGary3

DarkGary3 Member

well poke mega has pokemon [and megaman] roms that don t freeze if you wanna a rom that don t freeze download pokemon hg & ss patch 6 is prepatched rom

8. lycan525

lycan525 New Member

hi i am new to the dite and i have downloaded pokemon soul silver but i cant patch it to run in english i have tried to find xdelta but i cant find the installer for it can anyone help me plz :)

9. Pyro Stick

Pyro Stick Guest

Ive been trying to get my soul silver rom working for two days now and easily got over the initial blue screen problems etc but now im having a problem that i cant seem to find any mention of anywhere else. I start a game up, play it for a while, save the game, turn of the ds, turn it on again and when i go to play soul silver it starts up fne but when i get to the page where i choose my save file or mystery gift etc it freezes while its still half loaded (i can faintly see the options but its not fully loaded enough to see clearly). Im using a Slot 2 M3. Does anyone know how i can fix this? Im having no problems in the game with it crashing while im playing, just when i try to load my game. It crashes straight after the Touch Start screen. Ive also tried downloading a save file and trying to play using a finished game save file but that doesnt work either. This seems a hell of a lot of trouble just to get the wifi mew...

10. Sanctuary

Sanctuary New Member

The only issue I'm having is freeze. It doesn't happen often, but when I go into or out of a building, or start a battle with a trainer, every few times it freezes, either at a white screen or with the trainer standing and their Poke Ball in the corner (showing number of Pokemon) spinning.

Japanese is my first language, so I would like to have the game in Japanese, but no freeze. Any patch do that?

11. JaejunLee

JaejunLee New Member

It worked on EDGE DS!

12. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Go back a few pages, there are anti-freeze patches without translation, or update your flash card/emulator as both roms works clean with some of them.

13. gamesarethebest13

gamesarethebest13 New Member

is this the complete game AND ALREADY PATCHED

14. david1344

david1344 New Member

for some odd reason it freezes on the r4i i got when i click on pokegear but on the NO$GBA it doesnt????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Diablo361

Diablo361 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a rom that works on Wifi? Mine just refuses to.

16. kh2fan34

kh2fan34 New Member

So is there an English patch that translates everything?

17. gunnrush

gunnrush Member

dont know if this has already been brought to light, but when i start playing with the patched version everythings fine (minus the obvious graphic lines lol) until i try to save. no matter where i do it at, when i try to save the game just freezes. any ideas?

18. docp98

docp98 New Member

I tryed lugas link but its deleted can you please send me a valid one

19. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

there won't be an english patch with everything translated, the latest english patch just has everything needed to play the game

20. koyorimon

koyorimon New Member

I just finished reading through this *entire* thread. I'm looking for a patch for both HG/SS that stops the freezing, and has NO translations. The current HG/SS file provided by RomUlation works almost 100% fine. It freezes randomly every 10-60 minutes or so. Not with anything specific, just out of the blue.

Again, I read the whole thread, and everything I tried either had translations, or was a dead link. At this point in time, since it's been 3 months since the games have been released, I'm hoping someone can help me, or knows what I need to fix my problem.

I have an M3 DS Real card. I don't know if it's the card's fault or not, and if I need patches or something for the card or something.

Anyway, many thanks for anyone who can help me out. ^ ^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.