1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Black Screen and Freezing Issues.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by zeyad477, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

I just found out by doing my last expirement 15minutes ago. I'm not 100% sure but from what i seen it's the same except kat version has Japanese pokemon names while the Loc version has English pokemon names I'll tell you after I check one last thing i still need to see if the routes are different

Edited*
    yes I was right Localized has all pokemon with there english names while katakana"the one I'm using has all japanese names with the pokemon, but there both english with menus and attack menus as well as Routes and items

I think I'll just stick with my katakana since it's not a big deal having my pokemon with japanese names
    EDITED*
    ok I FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING WORKING
    for acekard2i CSL00 on page 15 or 16 he has a working one for my acekard2i

I did try evil clowns again on acekard but it just kept getting the white freezing screen on the title menu

but! I finally got evil clowns to work perfect on my no$gba! what happen is it didnt save all the time for me I saved and no battety file and saved again and nothing and rebooted no$ and saved again but still nothing... and just when I was about to give up I check out of curiousity in the battery sav folder again and it saved? ??? Not sure why it was doing that but! now its working perfectly! and its saving

Thank you evil clown for no$ and thank you CLS00 for the working one with acekard2i I am now off to play hgss for the next days! ;D
    I do think there should be a new thread that shows each working ROM for each thing, that way any new person coming in doesnt need to go through all the pages and would make it easier for them to know which one works for them.
    Thank you guys! :D and I'm off to play!

2. xd001ggg

xd001ggg New Member

here is is: http://www.mediafire.com/?z9ejluec1ju its soul silver, havent done heart gold yet, ill upload the no$gba soon. I just beat the league :) so it works fine. happy gaming

3. hereticlord

hereticlord New Member

Works Fine on M3 Real with the newest system files 4.4a

4. Link498

Link498 New Member

CL200 patch is perfect, played for 8 hours straight and have got 6 badges. On 16th page, drag a rom onto the bat file and there you go.

5. chidori1

chidori1 Member

For my R4 v1.18 kanoWAR's patch is perfect I just beat the league and now im about to go to kento

6. Well, I went ahead and decided to test out that beta after all. And?

If you're using a CycloDS, the firmware version 1.56 Beta 1 works like a charm with the original rom. You'll notice a slight change to the game -- any time you trigger a black screen, the game seems to hang on it for 0.3 extra seconds -- and I'm guessing that this has to do with how Team Cyclops got around the anti-piracy checker. Anyway, it's well worth it for anybody who owns a CycloDS and who wants to play the game in Japanese.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Thanks,I'll try it

8. wellthen

wellthen Member

A quick question, if a rom works on r4 sdhc, will it work on r4i sdhc?
    And if not has there been a rom release yet for r4i sdhc?

9. zachtbhood

zachtbhood New Member

Which security patch will work best with a CycloDS cart? I just upgraded my firmware to 1.55, and I'm still getting lock ups and black screens fairly often. I've searched through this whole thread, and can't find much confirmed to run with the CycloDS cart.

10. neo14085

neo14085 New Member

M3 akura i have.
    Can't find anything that doesn't crash.
    I have only one working rom and it crashes.

11. Naruto456910

Naruto456910 Well-Known Member

Ok people I'm back. Use the english patch by Raqib12 and Rykin called Katakana. Its perfect.... I've had no problems at all with this one. Here's the link for the 4.5 version.:)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WMFP4ID

12. neo14085

neo14085 New Member

What is that used for?

13. sp-ky

sp-ky Active Member

What does this patch translate?

14. Naruto456910

Here's whats done on it and what needs to be done:

Physical menu interface [75%]
    Pokédex [100%]
    Pokémon [95%] (I may have missed something... please report to me if you've found anything)
    Bag [90%] (All items and descriptions inserted; most items translated, no descriptions translated yet) [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
    PokéGear [95%] (Most locations done, operations almost complete, all names translated (except for Melody, because she won't insert...?))
    Trainer Card [100%]
    Save [100%]
    Options [100%]
    Continue screen [50%] (Descriptions left for New Game/Mystery Gift/PokeWalker)
    In-Battle [95%] (I was playing earlier, and I saw the elemental types were not done for when Porygon uses "Conversion") [NOTE*Mostly inserted from Platinum]
    Box Operations [70%] (A lot of the untranslated text is because I'd like to keep it as similar to the localized text as possible. If anyone can confirm the untranslated lines, that'd be much appreciated!)
    Pokémon Center [80%] (All of Nurse Joy translated)
    PokéMart [90%]
    Kurt's Balls [0%] (You effing perverts.)
    Wi-Fi Operations [0%]
    Battle frontier [0%]
    Trainer Titles [100%]
    Trainer Names [100%][/b]
    Pokémon Emotions [0%] (I am still contemplating this one)

15. EternityTheory

EternityTheory New Member

Naruto456910, I'm loving your ROM, but it freezes every time I defeat a wild pokémon. Their HP goes down to zero, and nothing happens beyond that. Do you know what might be wrong?

16. keith101

keith101 Active Member

um can i switch my sav from the heart gold patch, to this one?

17. Naruto456910

I'll upload another Pre-Patched Rom tommorow, my computer's uploading too slow for some reason. But if I can't get it.

Just use this English Patch on a clean Heart Gold or Soul Silver rom.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WMFP4ID

Things should work greatly with this one, I've had no signs of freezing with it.

18. Ze Colonel

Ze Colonel New Member

IF I've already patched for no$GBA, and I want to take my save over to my Cyclos, what do I do? >_>

I want this exact save on my Cyclos because I need to bring the save back into my no$GBA later (need to trade lol).

I can't get the game + save to run on the Cyclos, however. Once I select my file, both screens go black. The game and save still work fine on no$GBA.

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Use the online save converter http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php

20. Ze Colonel

Ze Colonel New Member

Yeah, I've tried that before and I just tried it again.

It just doesn't seem to work. I just get a black screen. ;_;

Edit: Additional notes. I'm not using the ROM that was patched because using THAT gets a white screen.

I didn't patch the ROM with what's here, I patched it with pokefix/encrypter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.